free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-131 timeline Los Angeles

I have applied for (my wife) for an advance Parole Sept 22, 2003 while her AOS is still pending and waiting for an interview date. I need to know how long it takes for the INS to process and approve the request for the advance Parole. I heard it takes about 14-30 days. Does it take longer? Does anyone have any experience with I-131 in Los Angeles lately and got an approval?

Can I go to the LA Office and get it myself? You think they can give it to me?

I know the INS cashed the checked and received the application viea EXPRESS MAIL. And the INS sent us a receipt a month go by mail for the fees ($110).

KOKO

I have applied for (my wife) for an advance Parole Sept 22, 2003 while her AOS is still pending and waiting for an interview date. I need to know how long it takes for the INS to process and approve the request for the advance Parole. I heard it takes about 14-30 days. Does it take longer? Does anyone have any experience with I-131 in Los Angeles lately and got an approval?

Can I go to the LA Office and get it myself? You think they can give it to me?

I know the INS cashed the checked and received the application viea EXPRESS MAIL. And the INS sent us a receipt a month go by mail for the fees ($110).

KOKO

Also, what is the I-131 Advance Parole? Is it a letter showing the name of the traveller or a picture ID?

KOKO

KOKO, I am not sure whether it is the same for everyone or not but it took 2 1/2 months for my friend to get hers. It a letter with the travellers picture on it.

Thankx Whistler. Was it in LA? How long ago was that? I need this approved within 2 weeks at the most so my wife can travel end of October.

What is she leaves the country and I send her the Advance Parole LETTER / ID to enter the U.S.? Will that work or she needs to leave with it?

Thanks all for your input.

KOKO

Hi KOKO
    Yes it was in LA. She sent in her paper in Jan 2003 and I think she got the AP in mid April.
    I would suggest that your wife leaves the country with AP in hand, don't take any chances. It will be better to wait than face any problems later.
    Hope this helps and Good Luck!!

Thanks Whisle....
    She needs to be overseas by end of Nov with or without the AP. She has a sister wedding to attend. DO you think we should go the LA Office and request the advance parole to be given to us this week so she can travel in 2 weeks? Will they give it to us?

Thanks

Thanks Whisle....
    She needs to be overseas by end of Nov with or without the AP. She has a sister wedding to attend. DO you think we should go the LA Office and request the advance parole to be given to us this week so she can travel in 2 weeks? Will they give it to us?

Thanks

Thanks Whisle....

Thanks

Hi, I do not know much about advance parole, but she should not leave without it. And be careful, if she had any unlawful presence in the US, it my come back to bit her. I have read a lot of posts about advance parole. Just look for them, that may help her make a more informed decision.