50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Work Visa?

I am currently going thru a divorce in Singapore and it may take a long period of time. I am waiting for my divorce to be over before I can married to my BF who is a US citizen. If my divorce is over, I know I have to apply for Fiancee Visa. But now I can't. So I am going to apply for work visa instead to be there with my BF while my divorce is taking place.

I have read up abt work visa, its quite confusing.

Pls advise how to go about getting a work visa ? Do I need to get a job from US first or can I apply without a job?

How fast does it takes to get a work visa?

Will Company in US apply work visa for foreigners easily ? How can I get a job quick?

Thank you.

I am currently going thru a divorce in Singapore and it may take a long period of time. I am waiting for my divorce to be over before I can married to my BF who is a US citizen. If my divorce is over, I know I have to apply for Fiancee Visa. But now I can't. So I am going to apply for work visa instead to be there with my BF while my divorce is taking place.

I have read up abt work visa, its quite confusing.

Pls advise how to go about getting a work visa ? Do I need to get a job from US first or can I apply without a job?

How fast does it takes to get a work visa?

Will Company in US apply work visa for foreigners easily ? How can I get a job quick?

Thank you.

You need a U.S. Employer to sponsor you for work visa. If you fall under speciality category, then it will be very fast and may be the Employer has Visas approved already then it will be just a matter of couple of months.
    Good luck.

Thank u for your reply. Would like to know what falls under speciality category?

U mean some employers do have ready visa for foreigners?

Some big employers have Blaket Visa petitions approved and they can not find workers for those specific jobs. Whenever they find a suitable candidate they immediately issue that Visa to him/her.
    Good luck.

Umesh, I have a the exact same situation but I am the GF in the US waiting for my BF in Ireland to get his divorce completed. He is also looking for an employer to sponsor him. Is there a site that you can send us to that has a list of employers (for me I would want a list of Michigan employers) who might hire foreign nationals trying to find sponsors? Thank you!!!

I am not associated with any Employment Agency nor I recommend any such agency. I am giving you an idea of H1B category.

"The most popular amongst this is the visas under the category H-1B which are meant for professionals in speciality occupations. Computer professionals fall under this speciality occupations and they qualify for H-1B visas.
    Professionals in speciality occupations who come to the US to work in their field of expertise are eligible for H-1B visa. They need a minimum of a bachelor's degree in the specific field in which they would be working. In addition to theoretical and practical knowledge, absence of a degree can be compensated by experience as well as professional recognition in the field of expertise. Normally one year of education equivalent to three years of experience is counted. So if a 5 year college education is needed to qualify in the speciality occupation the person will be eligible if he has 15 years practical experience. The University degree of an Foreign University is required to be eval-uated in US by an organization which is qualified to do so. Before an application for H-1B visa can be made the employer must file a labour condition application or labour attestation with the department of labour and the employer must guarantee that the immigrant will be paid the higher of the actual or prevailing wage for the post and that other non-immigrant employed in the similar position will be paid at the same rate. The employer is also required to undertake that the working condition will be the same for both foreign and United States workers. In the event of the employer failing to comply with the labour condition application, he is liable to be fined up to US$ 1000 for each violation and may be prevented from recruiting foreign employees for 12 months or more. The H-1B visa only allows a person to work for the employer who has petitioned on his behalf.

you should check in your area big companies who want to hire people with qualification and experience you BF possesses.
    Good luck.