free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: For Niak......CSPA!

Hello Mr. naik,

My brother in law applied for "Family Based Immigration" in November, 1990, and very soon we got priority date – December, 1990. At that time my elder son's age was 12 years.

Our priority date became current and we received DS230 on 23rd Sept. 2002, in which the case number, name of the principal applicant and also the name of those applicants who were traveling with the principal applicant.

Now, in this "Immigration Visa Application (DS230) Processing Fee Bill the name of my elder child who crossed his 21 years and presently 23; had his name in it and besides his name fee where also written.

In the month of December, 2002 we called NVC, and told that "the name was there, so does it mean that he will get visas". The lady over there told that as he has crossed his 21 years; his new category is "F2B" and about the question of getting visas; it depends upon the consoler officer to give him visas or not.

Now, the question is that Does CSPA applies to this case or not, and if yes; then there are many people who has the same problem and yet not got visas.

I wanted to ask you that – what about retention of priority date? Does it applies to F4 category? In dos cable it is written "If the age of an alien is determined under paragraph (1) to be 21 years of age or older for the purposes of subsections (a)(4) and (d), the alien's petition shall automatically be converted to the appropriate category and the alien shall retain the original priority date issued upon receipt of the
    original petition."

As till now there is only one successful case of "Mandeep Patel"!!!
    So if CSPA applies to all the cases approved after 6th August 2002, then why they are not given visas to child above 21 years of age?
    Does they see Educational Qualification of the "Child" during interview?

Please help.

Banatwala

Hello Mr. naik,

My brother in law applied for "Family Based Immigration" in November, 1990, and very soon we got priority date – December, 1990. At that time my elder son's age was 12 years.

Our priority date became current and we received DS230 on 23rd Sept. 2002, in which the case number, name of the principal applicant and also the name of those applicants who were traveling with the principal applicant.

Now, in this "Immigration Visa Application (DS230) Processing Fee Bill the name of my elder child who crossed his 21 years and presently 23; had his name in it and besides his name fee where also written.

In the month of December, 2002 we called NVC, and told that "the name was there, so does it mean that he will get visas". The lady over there told that as he has crossed his 21 years; his new category is "F2B" and about the question of getting visas; it depends upon the consoler officer to give him visas or not.

Now, the question is that Does CSPA applies to this case or not, and if yes; then there are many people who has the same problem and yet not got visas.

I wanted to ask you that – what about retention of priority date? Does it applies to F4 category? In dos cable it is written "If the age of an alien is determined under paragraph (1) to be 21 years of age or older for the purposes of subsections (a)(4) and (d), the alien's petition shall automatically be converted to the appropriate category and the alien shall retain the original priority date issued upon receipt of the
    original petition."

As till now there is only one successful case of "Mandeep Patel"!!!
    So if CSPA applies to all the cases approved after 6th August 2002, then why they are not given visas to child above 21 years of age?
    Does they see Educational Qualification of the "Child" during interview?

Please help.

Banatwala

Hello pullin

First of all,NVC never gives u any gurantee for VISA not for u also because the finaly descion is taken by ur local counslar only.So what i think , ur son is eligible..but during yr interview they will verify Some of the documents of yr son and i think they may consider edjucation of yr son also(thats the positive point they consider if u have good edjucation).And after that Ur local consular only take descion about the visa of ur child and u also.NVC doesnt have authority issuse the visa for anybody ,they can only check eligiblity.Tell me the edjucation of yr son and exact Birthdate also.
    One more thing,U heard or read only one case that doesnt mean only one case is there who is geting benifit from this new ACT.there are so many people in the india itself who doesnt know about this sight and even about internate and they may have positive cases like this.
    can we put trust on mandeep???????
    What i feel that ur son is eligible but the final descion will be taken by yr consulate only.And they may verify some of ur child's doc.
    have u sent the DSL form of son ????
    naik

Hello mr. naik,

We filled all the documents including my son's DS230 in the month of January, 2003. Presently my son is doing his Post-Graduate course in LL.B, he completed his graduation in Arts with major in Psychology. My son's B'date is 2nd July, 1979.

Can u tell as how much time does it take to come to local consulate from NVC?

What are F2A and F2B category?

One more thing I wanted to asked you that – if I am not going right now (i.e with my wife) and want to go later; then is there any time limit for it?

And what about "Retention of Priority Date??????

Banatwala

Hi pullin

Sorry for late reply...

Actually F2b anf F2A is the category for the immiditate relative.And u an get more information about it on www.immigration.gov.Now if u have submitted the DSL form in january including yr son's fees and form also then i think now its time to get the Letter from NVC that ur file is shifted to us local consular and after theat with in week or so u will get the interview letter.If ur locl consular is mumbai then i have a link on which u can see that ur appoiment for interview is current or not??
    The answer what u got form NVC is the normal.NVC wont tell u that applicant will definately get visa or so..as its job of consulate only.
    I think ur son's edjucation is good and his DOB is in 1979 ..he will definately get the visa!!!

Lets hope for the best...

good wishes
    nail