publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: does my employer have the right...?

I was sponsored by a convalescent hospital and just received my work permit recently. But I was having second thoughts whether I wanna continue working for this convalescent hospital or find a new sponsor. I am not happy with my job right now, working environment truly *****, they don't pay overtime and I get pais so little. I want to move to another job. Does my present employer have the right to take away or cancel my work permit? pls. reply

I was sponsored by a convalescent hospital and just received my work permit recently. But I was having second thoughts whether I wanna continue working for this convalescent hospital or find a new sponsor. I am not happy with my job right now, working environment truly *****, they don't pay overtime and I get pais so little. I want to move to another job. Does my present employer have the right to take away or cancel my work permit? pls. reply

yes, your employer have all the right. The smart thing for you to do is to find another employer that can sponsor you before quitting your current job. otherwise you are running into the risk of being deported. Hang on for the time being, good luck

If the working conditions are truly terrible. You can contact and complain to the labor dept for your state.

Do they treat everyone this way, or are they singleing you out because you're an immigrant? Either way contact the labor dept.

The employer can withdraw his/her sponsorship once you leave their employ. So, it is wise to find a new sponsor before quitting. Once an approvable petition is filed, your work permit becomes portable.

info@myronmorales.com

Convalescent hospitals have very high turnover rates. The families of the elderly want top knotch care at an unfair price, so the employees are the ones who suffer. I've known at least 3 people who have worked in convalescent hospitals and none of them lasted for longer than 3 months. Definately find another job before you even hint to your employer that you want to quit. If they think that you're going to quit they will most likely fire you first. I've had a lot of jobs and that's just the way it goes most of the time, no matter how loyal you are and how hard of a worker you are.

"The employer can withdraw his/her sponsorship once you leave the employment with him/her..."