publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Filing taxes and I-485 adjustment... help!

Hello,

I'm at a dilemma here and I hope somebody with my experience or anyone knowledgable in this situation can help me out...

I'm currently out of status and in the near future will be filing for the I485 adjustment of status (by marriage to USC). My question is when and how shall I go about filing my taxes upon my AOS filing? Ever since I was out of status, I have worked "under the table" with no records of my being employed by my employer. Even though my lawyer recommends me to get my tax situation straightened out, up to date, and prepped before my AOS filing, whats the best way to resolve this problem? I'm worried if I resolve my tax situation early, it will raise red flags to IRS and risk myself.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Hello,

I'm at a dilemma here and I hope somebody with my experience or anyone knowledgable in this situation can help me out...

I'm currently out of status and in the near future will be filing for the I485 adjustment of status (by marriage to USC). My question is when and how shall I go about filing my taxes upon my AOS filing? Ever since I was out of status, I have worked "under the table" with no records of my being employed by my employer. Even though my lawyer recommends me to get my tax situation straightened out, up to date, and prepped before my AOS filing, whats the best way to resolve this problem? I'm worried if I resolve my tax situation early, it will raise red flags to IRS and risk myself.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Historically the IRS and the INS do not talk to each other very much. But you should be very careful about what you are doing. You are in violation of both Immigration and Tax law. Two of the nastier Goverment Departments to being playing games with.