free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What happens

hey Mohan , Passi and others.

If some one enters as a tourist and never returns back , will the INS know about it . How do they keep track of the persons entering and leaving US..since US is a vast nation ,it is difficult i guess ,but they must be doing it ,if i am right....

hey Mohan , Passi and others.

If some one enters as a tourist and never returns back , will the INS know about it . How do they keep track of the persons entering and leaving US..since US is a vast nation ,it is difficult i guess ,but they must be doing it ,if i am right....

info please

Tourist are required to fill out a form when they enter the country and then issued a form called I-94, with the they have a record of you entering the U.S. and it is also noted on that form on how long you were permitted to stay. They've also recently implemented a system with the airlines which consist of the manifest of each inbound and outbound.

once alien entered on B1/B2, he got I-94 at the port of entry which has validity, he is only allowed to stay upto the perios permitted, after that period he is overstayed and living illigally, he will be bared to 3-10 years according to IRRIRA for overstaying.
    he is deportable / he will have fear being caught, any time he try to get any paperwork he will be treated as illigal( staying without permission).

MOhan
    What you said about people who eneter as tourists and overtay is not a rule.
    I've known about hundreds of people who overstay, go back to their countries and re-enter without being tracked at the airport.
    How about those people who have their application for AOS pending at BCIS and have their I-94 expired?
    The BCIS has all the information about them on their computers. Nevertheless, I've never heard that immigration goes after these people to deport them. If these applicants do leave the USA while waiting for their adjustment cases to be processed, then they will not be able to re-enter the country for 5-10 years.
    Immigration officers are not monsters who go hunting the so-called illegal immigrants just because they overtayed.
    People just need to do the right thing and have tons of patience.

Overstay only be pardon when Alien is married to USC and adjusting their status.
    May be never heard that but it doesn't means which things we never heard that didnot exists. its a matter of time we will hear it, you are right about patience, keep patience you will hear that alien was caught because he was over stayed ,issued detained issued NTA, either reliesed to his own recognisation or stil in custody. I guess you have to hear more to conclude that what i,m saying is true.

Mohan,

Do you practise Immigration Law.. I might need your help ,if so .How do i contact you other than the board

Post your email here and I will contact you.

my email is smily1970@hotmail.com .