50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Regarding K-3 Spousal Visa

Hi, this is my first time posting here, although I've been reading this borad for the past 3 months.

My Wife is currently filing a I129F Petition on my behalf. I reside in the Caribbean. We recieved a notification of Reciept from INS on December 2, 2002. Anyone has any idea of how long it will take for us to hear from INS on wether the petition is approved or denied? Based on the receipt we got from INS, they say it can take up to 3 months. But is that the reality, or does it normally take longer?

Baed on info I got from this Web site, the Vermont Service Center (Which has jurisdiction over Connecticut where my Wife resides), they are currently processing I129-F applications reciepted on November-2-2002. However, I read on another site where all K-3 applications are processed at the Misouri Service Center. When i checked, the Misouri Service Center is currently processing Applications recipted on September-30-2002, which means they are 3 months behind.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? Is it reasonable for me to assume I will hear from INS by March (They recieved our application on Dec-2-2002)

Hi, this is my first time posting here, although I've been reading this borad for the past 3 months.

My Wife is currently filing a I129F Petition on my behalf. I reside in the Caribbean. We recieved a notification of Reciept from INS on December 2, 2002. Anyone has any idea of how long it will take for us to hear from INS on wether the petition is approved or denied? Based on the receipt we got from INS, they say it can take up to 3 months. But is that the reality, or does it normally take longer?

Baed on info I got from this Web site, the Vermont Service Center (Which has jurisdiction over Connecticut where my Wife resides), they are currently processing I129-F applications reciepted on November-2-2002. However, I read on another site where all K-3 applications are processed at the Misouri Service Center. When i checked, the Misouri Service Center is currently processing Applications recipted on September-30-2002, which means they are 3 months behind.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? Is it reasonable for me to assume I will hear from INS by March (They recieved our application on Dec-2-2002)

Unfortunately, I feel your pain.

What I can tell you... based on my experience thus far is that all LIFE Acts are filed in the Missouri Service Center. They received my application on October 17, 2002 and I just received notice (February 19, 2003) of them needing "further evidence". The further evidence was a copy of the receipt of notice of the I-130. You would think an investigator would have access to this, but she/he doesn't. I am sending that soon...

Point is... I still have not received approval. So it seems like it will be taking the full 180-days.

paz! and good luck