free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: married and living abroad...

Hi,
    My husband is a USC. we got married 14 years ago and have 3 children. We live abroad and my husband will want to move back to the U.S.
    Is it possible to go with entire family with a tourist visa and then apply for adjastment of status? is that safe to do in my case? our children all have us passports and I am only "Alien".
    anyone has any experience on the matter?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
    My husband is a USC. we got married 14 years ago and have 3 children. We live abroad and my husband will want to move back to the U.S.
    Is it possible to go with entire family with a tourist visa and then apply for adjastment of status? is that safe to do in my case? our children all have us passports and I am only "Alien".
    anyone has any experience on the matter?

Thanks in advance

You've never applied for adjustment of status? They probably won't let you in the country. I think you're still going to have to go through the AOS outside the US and then apply for a K3 visa that will let you in the country while you wait for the decision.
    I would call the embassy in the country you are living in and find out.

Technically it wouldn't be nor sound right to go in on a tourist visa then change your status, that shows you have immigrant intent. Get this matter taken care of at the US Embassy. You've already been married 14 yrs with kids. I'm sure you and your husband have more than ample proofs for whatever it is to help expedite your process. Its unfortunate you should have gotten your US immigration matters worked out earlier (like getting your GC).

hi, i am a peruvian girland i just got married with usc, we applied to the embassy in my country on 21th, june and we already sent them form 169 and 179, now we are waiting the appointment to show the embassy all the documents they want. We asked how many months does this process take and they said 2 -3 months... good!... but my husband called 2 days ago to immigration there in USA and said : average 15 months!!. I am really too upset!. Can anybody help me??. pleasseeee!!