publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: EAD INTERVIEW? Do you have to go to interview for EAD? Hanbal? Mohan? Umesh? HELP PLEASE

After waiting about SIX months, I got a letter in mail to show up for EAD at the INS office. I thought they simply mail it to you? I actually have to go to INS now to get the EAD? Is that correct? Can they arrest you there since I am out of status. I am somewhat confused so please provide input.

After waiting about SIX months, I got a letter in mail to show up for EAD at the INS office. I thought they simply mail it to you? I actually have to go to INS now to get the EAD? Is that correct? Can they arrest you there since I am out of status. I am somewhat confused so please provide input.

You filed your paperwork, they are not going to arrest you.

Some places you have to go pick up your work permit. I did in OKC.

It's nothing to worry about.

unfortunatly, I'm not familiar with the EAD expression or procedure. Unless there are some circumstances that may endanger your adjustment (criminal record, that you don't qualify for the EAD), there is unfortunatly always the risk to get arrested when in the juristiction of the INS. If there is an "arrest warrant" on you, that is usually a public information that an attorney can find out for you in advandce.

If everything is in order and if you can't be removed on any legal grounds, don't worry about it! Good luck!

Yes, you have to go the INS to have your photo taken and get your EAD.

They will not arrest you for being out of status, but they will arrest you if you have a criminal record.

At different District Offices of INS, they have different rules. At some places, especially after World Trade Center tradgedy, they call the person in the office and check Passport before handing over EAD. There should not be any problem with you unless you have criminal conviction on your records. This is a routine procedure.
    Good luck.

I am assuming that if a person has a criminal record that makes him/her deportable it is stupid to file for AOS (that is to say you don't need to go and pick up any EAD whatsoever.) Always consult a lawyer if you have criminal issues - if the criminal thing is a deportable one, simply do not file any papers. If it is a minor charge (DUI, simple assault, etc.) most likely you won't be arrested. Before September 11, 2002, INS did not even do any checks whatsoever before issuing the EAD; now they do an IBIS check before granting EADs -- yet, there does exist a distinction in treatment of AOS applicants going to pick up EADs and Muslims going to the Special Registration. The normal AOS application process is not supposed to be a terrorizing experience, while the Special Registration Programme is run specifically to terrorize Muslim people. Good Luck To You!

Finding out whether you have been placed in deportation proceeding by the very INS before going to pick the EAD up:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&r=1576040891

EADHLP

What Service Center did you apply to and What is your timeline. If you could share your info it may help me since I have been waiting for almost six months now hoping to recieve my EAD.

EAD don't take that long...usually it is a time-waiting period between 30 - 60 days. This does not mean that there are not INS District Offices that issue them after 60 days, but the most you should wait before going in person to that District Office is 90 days. At the same time there are INS District Offices, such as Boston, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Honolulu, Newark, Pittsburg, Sacramento, San Diego, St. Paul that issue EAD on a walk-in basis. Good Luck To You!