free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxes?

I know during the interview they will ask for proof that you have paid taxes for 3 years past... It is a work related interview... (I485 adjust status) I am only 20 years old, Graduated high school in 2002... have only worked part time summer 2002 till 2003... I never claimed taxes because never thought I made enough... what should I do??

I know during the interview they will ask for proof that you have paid taxes for 3 years past... It is a work related interview... (I485 adjust status) I am only 20 years old, Graduated high school in 2002... have only worked part time summer 2002 till 2003... I never claimed taxes because never thought I made enough... what should I do??

Hi

If you have w2 forms from 2002 and you will have for 2003 . Just file your tax returns now for 2002 or file it at the same time when you file for 2003. This way you have 2 returns to bring for interview. Not a big deal. Who knows you may get money back if there was any withheld. Use 104EZ or 1040 which ever is easier for you to use.

I dont have any W2's and must of misplaced them... my interview is in 10 days... And really worried... Ive only had part time jobs like i said making minimum wage... I graduated from high school in 2002... I started working full time in june 2003... And i wont be able to claim my taxes for 2003 untill a couple months... What am i to do? Thank you for your responce... Any other answears will be greatly appreciate it.

Even if you make next to nothing, you should always file your taxes. You may want to file late taxes for the time you've worked (even if it was a short time and/or minimum wage).

Swt

YOu are not being responsible about this tax thing. It is an important part of the process in the years to come. Start being diligent about this in the future Now for 2002, See if you have a local IRS office that will give u a transcript report for 2002. then file your taxes 1040EZ for tax year 2002. You have time. For 2003, get a statement of employment and wages from your employer.

Now get cracking on this ... there is not much time before the interview. I suggest you look a little harder for those w2 s Im sure you did not throw them out.

Should I go to my old employer and request old W2's? Would they still have them?

Swt

yes. Your employer will have a copy. its ok if they make copy of Employer copy D for you, as time is of concern here. Please explain the situation that you need for interview in 10 days.

I am new here. Forgive me for my forwardness but if this was my case I would need to have more background. Why are you adjusting status? What is your current status and how is it that you have been working if you still need to adjust status? Something does not fit here.

Well let me help you out here, since your new, the talk of an amnesty brings out the fact that in order to qualify you needed to file tax returns, well guess what ??? 90 % here do not , would not unless it benefits them in the end , Thus the question !!!! How do I get in line to S.C.R.E.W. the U.S.C. !!!After all with RIGHTS come responsibility, but only take responsibility when it will benefit me !!!! Otherwise I am illegal and am not held to those finical obligations!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW is a good reason!!!!Well you didn't take the time to enter country legally so I am not surprized , HMMM when will you learn ? NEVER! always I did not known ? Money grows on trees here and that is who I thought paided for all I see here !!!