50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: is anybody here to answer me?Please

Hi!I came here with a J1 Visa,with two-year home country presence requirement,and i overstayed one year and a few weeks.I have a boyfriend who is a us citizen.We are together for one year,and we want to get married.What can we do?Do we need the marriage licence first?Can we do all the process from here,without me going back to my country?I don't want to go there,because it will be so hard to came back,because i overstayed my visa.We love each other,and we care about each other so much.We are reading a lot about this from the internet,but it's really complicated,and confusing.We want to talk with a lawyer,but we want as many opinions,as posibile.I started to became depressed,because i know,that i don't have too many chances.So,please,give us some solutions,if there are some.I thank everybody anticipate,from all my heart.

Hi!I came here with a J1 Visa,with two-year home country presence requirement,and i overstayed one year and a few weeks.I have a boyfriend who is a us citizen.We are together for one year,and we want to get married.What can we do?Do we need the marriage licence first?Can we do all the process from here,without me going back to my country?I don't want to go there,because it will be so hard to came back,because i overstayed my visa.We love each other,and we care about each other so much.We are reading a lot about this from the internet,but it's really complicated,and confusing.We want to talk with a lawyer,but we want as many opinions,as posibile.I started to became depressed,because i know,that i don't have too many chances.So,please,give us some solutions,if there are some.I thank everybody anticipate,from all my heart.

If you get married now, before you're exposed or put into removal, you may obtain a waiver of inadmissiability for your adjustment of status. The day you get married, technically you become "legal" again, but you need to file immediatly as you're married! Good luck!

Thank you very much for answering me!What do we have to do after we get married?What do we have to file?Do we have at least one chance?

Aby...there are many cases that ppl who overstayed and went back to their country were barred from coming back to US.

You can file AOS (Adjustment of Status) after you get married. AOS have sets of forms. Look back to my answer in this forum or other ppl answers about what forms to submit. Under search just type 'aos forms or filing' or 'me2'.

You are considered illegal until you file your AOS even after your marriage. So do it soon. Your status is 'legally' pending after your submitted your forms until they make decision about it. It may takes 6 - 12 months for your to get the interview date depending on where you reside.

Don't worry too much. Take one step at a time. Good luck.