free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for Umesh Passi

I am married to USC and have not filed my papers yet. I found out a week ago that I had a pending case in my home country regarding my old check. My ex girlfriend had a check from me I don't know how she got it and I presumed she forged my name.I hired a lawyer to dismiss the case because I am innocent.My lawyer said it will be dismissed since my signature is different from the one shown on the check.The question is can I process my papers here and return back to my country and deal with this personally?I have a feeling if I go there personally and rebutt the case it will be reversed and hoping to file a counter charge my ex girlfriend for trying to ruin my life.I am not convicted , it's just an accusation which I want to fight for it. I had already accumulated almost 2 years of unlawful presence here. If I go home I won't be able to come back again because of overstay. Please what shall I do? Can I file my papers and get EAD? Anyway the interview might be 6 to 8 mos. by the time they call me for interview the case had already been dismiss.Then that's the time I go home and deal with my exgirlfriend.I want to take her to court. She stole my check and signed it herself.

I am married to USC and have not filed my papers yet. I found out a week ago that I had a pending case in my home country regarding my old check. My ex girlfriend had a check from me I don't know how she got it and I presumed she forged my name.I hired a lawyer to dismiss the case because I am innocent.My lawyer said it will be dismissed since my signature is different from the one shown on the check.The question is can I process my papers here and return back to my country and deal with this personally?I have a feeling if I go there personally and rebutt the case it will be reversed and hoping to file a counter charge my ex girlfriend for trying to ruin my life.I am not convicted , it's just an accusation which I want to fight for it. I had already accumulated almost 2 years of unlawful presence here. If I go home I won't be able to come back again because of overstay. Please what shall I do? Can I file my papers and get EAD? Anyway the interview might be 6 to 8 mos. by the time they call me for interview the case had already been dismiss.Then that's the time I go home and deal with my exgirlfriend.I want to take her to court. She stole my check and signed it herself.

Where is mohan and brownfox? I need you guys to come back. this board is different without you guys.Whenever you are around you always give prompt anf correct answers.I tried to check out the other board but it's so boring.Please come back and help us.

sorry x I have no answer to yr question...
    but regarding Mohan I think he is now on the other board check this :
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

I already logged in that other forum but I still come to this board too and I admit that we miss these guys on this forum too..I hope they will keep coming here from time to time...
    good luck

I really am sorry that your guestion is not answered as soon as you would like, but Holy Smoly, where is your patience

As intelligent and as informed Umesh Passi is about Immigration matters, I am sure he is a very busy man and he gets to this board as soon as he can.

I really am sorry to hear about your case, you really have been put on the spot. Please, be patient and I am sure he will get to your thread and give you a direct answer as soon as he can. I have not known Umesh to stay away from this board for more than one day, so I am sure he will be on soon.

I wish you luck and God Bless!

To x:
    It would be better for you to get married and then apply for AOS. Your attorney, in your country can take care of your case. You take care of your AOS first here and when you get your Temporary Green Card, then you should go to your country.
    Your spouse should file I-130 for you and you should file your I-485 and I-765 at the same time. Since you are marrying to a USC, so there will be no problem with your overstay. Maximum they can ask you to file a waiver, which will be granted.
    Good Luck.

To WHITE FEMALE:
    Thanks for your support. I always try to devote maximum time on this Board but sometimes it happens. You are really a good soul and have so much compassion for everybody.
    God bless you always.

I'm sorry to be impatient. I'm just anxious why no one is here. Bless your soul Umesh for not abandoning this forum.In my case can I file my papers now and won't meet any obstacles when getting EAD inspite of that pending case against me? I have no criminal history in the past but I want to rectify this ASAP. In the AOS application should I state I had pending case? Even if there is a case against me, I won't be deportable if there is no conviction, right ? If the case is dismissed will this be treated like I don't have any record? I'm very confident this will just be dismissed because I haven't give her any check. I think this was her way of getting back at me. When I came here I met my future wife in a party and we hit it off and never got separated anymore. I know it hurts when you left someone but I was just young and carefree and haven't made up my mind yet in marriage.My life is like hell thinking about this but I am fortunate enough to have a wife like mine who really stood by me.Thanks Umesh and white female.

I am married to my usc spouse already. Should I wait for the dismissal of my case in my country and file my papers or should I just file all papers now and let my lawyer in my country do the dismissal .What shall I do.

To x:
    You should file your papers with the Immigration asap. Do not worry about that case in your country. You have never been arrested, so you just have to mention 'No'. That case in your country has nothing to do with this petition here. Let your attorney in your country, take care of that case. If it is check, may be she had gone to Civil Court not a Criminal Court. Do not think about that. File your papers, get your GC. In the meantime you can ask your attorney, what type of case is that.
    Good luck.

thank you so much for fast reply.I will file my papers asap.Bless your heart!Sayonara