free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIFE (LULAC)APPROVAL

I WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES LEADING TO MY AOS APPROVAL.
    I FIRST FILED IN MAY 2002 UNDER LULAC.
    DID BIOMETERICS IN AUGUST 2002
    CASE TRANSFERED TO ALBANY, NY IN NOVEMBER 2002
    INTERVIEWED IN MARCH 2003. MY INTERVIEW WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT HAD TO WAIT ON BACKGROUND CHECK.
    I RECEIVED APPROVAL LETTER OCTOBER 17. MY PASPORT WAS STAMPED ON OCTOBER 20. CARD SHOULD COME BY MAIL WITHIN 6 MONTHS.
    THE PROCESS WAS LONG BUT NOT DIFFICULT. IT TAKES A LONG TIME BUT IT WORKS.
    THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING HOLD ON.

I WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES LEADING TO MY AOS APPROVAL.
    I FIRST FILED IN MAY 2002 UNDER LULAC.
    DID BIOMETERICS IN AUGUST 2002
    CASE TRANSFERED TO ALBANY, NY IN NOVEMBER 2002
    INTERVIEWED IN MARCH 2003. MY INTERVIEW WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT HAD TO WAIT ON BACKGROUND CHECK.
    I RECEIVED APPROVAL LETTER OCTOBER 17. MY PASPORT WAS STAMPED ON OCTOBER 20. CARD SHOULD COME BY MAIL WITHIN 6 MONTHS.
    THE PROCESS WAS LONG BUT NOT DIFFICULT. IT TAKES A LONG TIME BUT IT WORKS.
    THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING HOLD ON.

Congregation jumbieman, I'm very happy for your approval. It gives the rest of us some hope one-day our cases will be approved.
    Can you please tell us how did you enter the U.S the first time and since you are LULAC how did you enter the U.S the second time? Did you attend college or not. What kind of document
    Did you give the INS to prove your presence since 1982? Did you also apply for the questionnaire program or not. Thank you and hopefully you'll receive your Green Card soon.

Thanks Zeid. I entered the US for the first time in 1980 from the Caribbean through Canada without inspection. I left breifly in 1984 and returned with a valid visitor's visa. I attended college from 1989 first obtaining a BSC and a MPA in 1996. The documents I submitted to prove my presence since 1980 were notorised letters from my landlords. Notorised letters from my employers. Letters from my Church. I had a couple of medical and other receits. I also had some envelopes addressed to me from various sources both government and private with the dated post mark. I did fill out the questioner but I never received an acknowledgement or a reply. A lawyer charged me $500 to submit the questioner. I suspect that he received the reply and never informed me. He also kept some of my original documents fortunately I had more. I filed my application for myself because of my bad experience with the first lawyer.

Thanks jumbieman. When you entered the U.S for the second time in 1984 with valid visitor's visa did the INS inspect you and did they issued you I-94. Also when you applied or interviewed for Life did the INS ask to see your visitor visa or your I-94. May you please tell us more about your interview, what kind of questions did they ask you, so its will be benefit all of us whose is waiting for interview

YES I RECEIVED AN I94 IT WAS LOST BY THE TIME I APPLIED SO THEY COPPIED THE STAMP IN MY PASPORT. I WAS NOT QUESTIONED ABOUT MY DOCUMENTS OR MY RESIDENCY SINCE 1980. I WAS ONLY ASKED THE CITIZENSHIP QUESTIONS.

Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has signed off on proposed settlements in CSS & LULAC lawsuits, bringing tens of thousands of undocumented immigrants closer to obtaining legal status under a 1986 amnesty program, their attorneys announced Wednesday.
    http://www.sacbee.com/content/politi...-8798864c.html

Congratulationz to you jumbieman, Your lawyer charged you ONLY $500...good 4 you...your lucky that you had good lawyer!

Question, Applied for LIFE in oct 2001(received EAD), file transferred february 2002 to local district office .Just received a fingerprint notification/request from our local district office.What to expect now? Anyone?

After fingerprints, the next step will be the interview at your Locas USCIS office.
    Good Luck.