free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question about I-485 Form Please help

Hi everyone,
    I have a question about I-485. In the I-485 form in Part 3 Section B it ask for names of husband/wife and all childen. Now once my fiance comes to the USA and me and her get married I know then I have to fill this I-485 form out. But I was looking over it and had a question about Part 3 Section B. I wanted to know I placed under family name my last name and then in the rest of the boxes the information asked for. But for the Box that says A# what should I do. I was naturalized into a US Citizen so I wanted to know what do I place there? and the last box that asked "Applying with you?" I will place a No. Becuase I am not going to be Applying with her. Also since no kids I have left all the other boxes in that section B blank. SO if Someone could give me some expert advice as to what do I place for A# because I am a US Citizen and on my certificate there is a certificate number. Thanks for helping me everyone
    Vpatel

Hi everyone,
    I have a question about I-485. In the I-485 form in Part 3 Section B it ask for names of husband/wife and all childen. Now once my fiance comes to the USA and me and her get married I know then I have to fill this I-485 form out. But I was looking over it and had a question about Part 3 Section B. I wanted to know I placed under family name my last name and then in the rest of the boxes the information asked for. But for the Box that says A# what should I do. I was naturalized into a US Citizen so I wanted to know what do I place there? and the last box that asked "Applying with you?" I will place a No. Becuase I am not going to be Applying with her. Also since no kids I have left all the other boxes in that section B blank. SO if Someone could give me some expert advice as to what do I place for A# because I am a US Citizen and on my certificate there is a certificate number. Thanks for helping me everyone
    Vpatel

As I can remember there is a section on the form that asks for your GC number if you are a LPR or if you are a citizen proof of citizenship.

If it was me and I had an A# I would put it down. If they check the A# they will see you have been naturalized. If you don't put it down and they see you were not born in the U.S. the adjudicator may get confused.

This question has come up a couple of times now. I will ask around at the office and see what the general consensus is regarding a citizen listing their A#.