free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: denied visa please help me

My husband and I were interviewed 3 years ago in santo domingo and denied a visa for my husband because they said our marriage was a fraud. Which is not. We already have 8 years together. Our case is been closed since the time of the interview and sent to Ins. What I wanted to know if I can open the case or reapply? or Is that is going to cause me a problem with immigration because supposely it was a false marriage? Please help. I need some advice, I know that I need a lawyer but before I do anything I want to investigate. Another thing, can a local congress help me with this?

My husband and I were interviewed 3 years ago in santo domingo and denied a visa for my husband because they said our marriage was a fraud. Which is not. We already have 8 years together. Our case is been closed since the time of the interview and sent to Ins. What I wanted to know if I can open the case or reapply? or Is that is going to cause me a problem with immigration because supposely it was a false marriage? Please help. I need some advice, I know that I need a lawyer but before I do anything I want to investigate. Another thing, can a local congress help me with this?

What exact reasons did they give you when your husband's visa was rejected ? kinldy be more specific then somebody might help u out...Regards

I meant ...didn't you have enough evidences to prove your marriage that time...kindly discuss the case in more details...Thanks

Well the first time we went they asked us to bring some more pictures of our relationship together, aside from our wedding pictures. the following week we returned with some more pictures and I guess it didn't help. Another thing they kept asking us why we don't have any kids, since at that time we had 4 years married already, well we showed them proof that we were going to the doctor for that. My husband has problems, but of course made our life impossible so they just denied the visa. They told me my marriage was a fraud and that I will probably be fined my immigration for breaking the law but I was never fined. They sent the papers to Ins, so I just wanted to know If i could try again or will that will cause me any problems after I went through this. Thank You

How can it possibly be legitimate to question a marriage based on whether the couple has babies together or not? Do we live in some third world country where *** is not allowed until marriage and birth control doesn't exist, meaning once you are married you are suddenly having unprotected *** and of course will pop out children immediately?? This really offends me - can they really ask these kinds of questions and base a decision off of it?

I am 45 years old. I already have two children and it is highly unlikely that I will have more. We have been pregnant 4 times in the last 2 years and miscarried all of them due to the age of my eggs. If the BCIS decided our marriage was not valid because we have been married almost 3 years with no children I would be livid.

Lurker I agree with you. It was frustrating because their are couples who have 10, 20 years married and they easily get their visa.. They gave us a really hard time. It took me 3 years to actually think about reappling for my husband again. i wouldn't want to go through what I went through that day. But you know you learn about these experiences and I think immigration is not doing a great job. Most of those marriages that are really a fraud they get away with it and the ones that are true have to go through alot of **** from these immigration examiners.

Hi, sorry to here about your problem. When the embassy send the case back to INS/BCIS an officer will look over the case. If they agree with the embassy than they will send you a intent to deny letter which will tell you the reason why. You will have 30 days to send in additional evidence. If they believe that your marriage is real they will send it back to the embassy. It can take 3 months to year to hear from them. Also the senator office can call them and ask questions for you.

I haven't received anything from INS and it's been 3 years. So I really don't know whats going on. I closed the case that same day of the interview but they gave me aletter stating that our case is still under investigation and I understand why if it's closed.

hi i feel sorry for you...this is ridiculous and I don't understand why did they behave like this with you ? I strongly feel you should fight for you marriage with INS and in person find out what's going on with your case....cuz nobody but INS can tell you what else do you need to bring your spouse to US...and you should talk to a lawyer about it....i hope everything goes in right direction for you....Good luck