free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nseers

Does anyone know about nseers rules?I was in the us for more than 5 years on F-1 visa.My visa was exired but i had a d/s on i-94.I moved to canada in 2003.It was the time when every muslim man had to register with dhs.I was suppose to do that as well but i was scared to do that since my f-1 was expired.Now my petition is approved for K-1 and i will be going for the interview soon.My question is... it could be an issue? since i avoided special registration?

Does anyone know about nseers rules?I was in the us for more than 5 years on F-1 visa.My visa was exired but i had a d/s on i-94.I moved to canada in 2003.It was the time when every muslim man had to register with dhs.I was suppose to do that as well but i was scared to do that since my f-1 was expired.Now my petition is approved for K-1 and i will be going for the interview soon.My question is... it could be an issue? since i avoided special registration?

Visa is a travel document not the permission to stay.Permission is granted on i-94 which clearly says admitted until,mine said no date rather it said D/S and no immigration judge found me out of status so over stay is not an issue.Question was regarding nseers rules!
    So i didnt break any laws as a metter of fact i always abide by the rules n laws...thanx for ur help anyway bro.

NSEERS is not and never was for all muslim men, it was for nationals of specific terrorist supporting countries. It still applies to certain nationals. And if you were required to register and follow NSEERS rules and you did not, you will not be issued a visa and are barred from the U.S. without a waiver.

Well thanx alot for ur insight info.By the way i am a canadian PR and wanted to know what was in effect at the time i left.I have visted US several times after that and i had no issues....you guys stop scaring ppl off

Doesn't matter. It is your obligation to follow NSEERS, not DHS' responsibility to do it. It is still in effect. We will scare off who we please. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Perhaps you will be happier in Saudi Arabia, or Iran, or Somalia, or Sudan, or Pakistan.

Stop giving ppl wrong information.You aint no attorney.And if u have no issue staying in the US then u shudnt be on this site.You must be on welfare and abusing the system...and u must have so much time in ur hand.....so back off.

Khan? Or CON??? Born and Raised In Canada????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

What part of Canadian PR don't you understand MIR?

Anyways, what does it matter if he was born there or not? Generalizing are we?

Khan, I suggest you ask someone who can give you more of a legal opinion on this.
    Good luck
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    What part of Canadian PR don't you understand MIR?

Anyways, what does it matter if he was born there or not? Generalizing are we?

Khan, I suggest you ask someone who can give you more of a legal opinion on this.
    Good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do Not Protect What You Do Not Understand!!!
    Do Not Take Sides Based On Immigrant Self!!!
    Most Of Humanity In This World Have 2 Feet! You Only Talk With 1 Shoe!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y