free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 245i and Labor Certification processing times

Not a question, just a comment:

From what I see so far the State Employment Agencies were clearly ill-prepared for the 245i act. The result of this is that people like me, who were always legal in this country and had therefore shouldn't have been affected (for better or worse) from this act actually suffer. I applied for a labor certification after April 2000 through the reduction in recruitment option. The state employment agency was so flooded by applications from people who were at one point or another illegal (in order to gain the "amnesty" provided by 245i), that they are still processing applications from April. In the mean time - I have to wait patiently until who knows how long...
    What they should have done is divide the applications to those who applied under 245i, and to those who were always legitimate and never had any "illegal" issues. Then handle the legit cases first, and let the 245i's sit there and wait. It has now been 6 months since I applied (Dec. 2001) and they're still working on all those 245i's from April.

Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on this?

Thanks,

Frustrated

Not a question, just a comment:

From what I see so far the State Employment Agencies were clearly ill-prepared for the 245i act. The result of this is that people like me, who were always legal in this country and had therefore shouldn't have been affected (for better or worse) from this act actually suffer. I applied for a labor certification after April 2000 through the reduction in recruitment option. The state employment agency was so flooded by applications from people who were at one point or another illegal (in order to gain the "amnesty" provided by 245i), that they are still processing applications from April. In the mean time - I have to wait patiently until who knows how long...
    What they should have done is divide the applications to those who applied under 245i, and to those who were always legitimate and never had any "illegal" issues. Then handle the legit cases first, and let the 245i's sit there and wait. It has now been 6 months since I applied (Dec. 2001) and they're still working on all those 245i's from April.

Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on this?

Thanks,

Frustrated

It all has to do with only one word, "FAIRNESS" ! ^_^

You're in a position FAR MORE safer, loftier, and happier than those of 245i people. And all we can blame is the LC system. That's why DOL is implementing the PERM system. And...just be patient, dude... it's not uncommon to wait FIVE or more years to get this SH__ done ...

James

I feel the same as frustrated. What can we do though? I guess there is only one thing :wait and who knows what is going to be changed in the INS rules. I just wish that i245 will finish as soon as possible so our LC applicatoins can go through.

better pray the PERM doesn't come into effect until after you're outta there....they don't do change very well......all we need is for them to have another distraction.