publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to end FBI name check which runs ages?

Is it still working this year to file a lawsuit to end the FBI name check? I heard that there is a laws passed against people do so to expedite the name check process. But it takes ages before you get your name clearance. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm at the end of my wits. Thanks!

Is it still working this year to file a lawsuit to end the FBI name check? I heard that there is a laws passed against people do so to expedite the name check process. But it takes ages before you get your name clearance. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm at the end of my wits. Thanks!

How long have you been waiting?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

I haven't yet waited long but I know I will. That's why I'm worreid and think perhaps I should collect evidence to prepare for the lawsuit if it is still an option this year. I just hate waiting.

What you're talking about is a Writ of Mandamus and it's generally only recommended if you've been waiting for an extreme length of time - more than 2 years in fact and certainly no less than one.

The change in procedure in the USCIS dealing with this is that the simple filing of the suit will no longer result in an immediate expedite as it used to. That will only occur if the suit is successful.

If you haven't been waiting long, why are you so sure this is going to be an issue for you? The number of people get stuck in name check is relatively few.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The change in procedure in the USCIS dealing with this is that the simple filing of the suit will no longer result in an immediate expedite as it used to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the official line but if a WoM is filed they will get moving on it guaranteed. Most offices don't like getting one. It all depends on the judge in your area as to weather it's successful or not. Obviously the longer you've been waiting is one factor and how much you've tried to resolve it is another. The 2yr figure is considered a long enough time to wait and a case is more likely to be successful after that timeframe.

A couple of years ago, more than 300,000 people were stuck in the FBI namecheck, myself included. From summer 2008 onwards they have made big efforts to reduce it. You may find you aren't waiting too much longer.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."