free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting married to USC while in Canada

I have a question on behalf of my friend.He came to the United States without inspection and had lived there for more than two years with no status.Now he has moved to Canada as a refugee and wants to get married to his girl who is the United States Citizen and wants to file for his US residency so that he could get back to his wife. What way is going to be the best for him to get married and file? I know, he is going to need waiver to reenter into the US.What are the chances that he would get his Green Card through his USC wife living in Canada as refugee? Thanks.

I have a question on behalf of my friend.He came to the United States without inspection and had lived there for more than two years with no status.Now he has moved to Canada as a refugee and wants to get married to his girl who is the United States Citizen and wants to file for his US residency so that he could get back to his wife. What way is going to be the best for him to get married and file? I know, he is going to need waiver to reenter into the US.What are the chances that he would get his Green Card through his USC wife living in Canada as refugee? Thanks.
    Henry

Can anyone help me to answer my question?

Thanks
    Henry

It has been so long since I posted this question,wondering nobody knows the answer!!!!!!!!

Please help me out guys

Thanks......
    Henry

he came illegally. He left. So he's got a nice 10 year bar. He'll have to file all paperwork at the nearest US consulte (k3, etc.) and waiver. But good luck. The INS rarely grants visa's to illegals who marry USC's.

However, is there *any* record of him entering the US though? Was he ever fingerprinted, or filed papers, etc.?

-= nav =-

Dear moondin,

He has no record in the US immigration since he entered the USA without inspection.

Thanks
    Henry

moondin,

I don't know what makes you say,if illegal gets married to USC out of the United States,

The INS rarely grants visa's to illegals who marry USC's.

I don't know you are right about this one!!!!!!!
    Henry

Anyone can help me out to answer my question please......

Thanks
    Henry

Henry, hopefully one of the "experts" will follow this up with their answer. What I was told before was that if they get married the USC will need to file the I-130 with whatever is her center. Upon receipt she'll file copy of the receipt they send her with the I-129f, etc. to Chicago. He will need to have 601 waiver prepared but should not give it to anyone until interview if and when they ask for it. This is what I was told a few months ago. From what I hear it is difficult to get the 601 waiver approved. There are several threads on here with discussions on that waiver. Also from what I was told, attempting to get fiance visa (k-1) under those circumstances is not recommended. As far as entering without inspection, etc..... if he worked while he lived here and paid taxes then there is record that he was here and worked without permission. I don't know the details of some of that but I know on the forms they ask questions about being in and out of US previously. If he is not truthful on the forms then he could be setting himself up to be permanently barred from US. Now, hopefully Mohan or Sammy or Dad of 3 or somebody will respond.

Mohan or Sammy please help me out here to answer my question. Thanks
    Henry