publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What are my rights as a USC wife?

Hi everyone
    I married a USC and I applied for AOS.
    I have some doubts regarding my legal rights as a USC still waiting for adjustment.
    Unfortunatelly, it's likely that he's cheating on me and keeps a relatioship with one of his ex-girlfriend.
    Can my husband marry another woman in another country(if he is married in the USA, but our marriage was not officialy validated through the consulate of that foreign country)?
    Can he purchase properties in that country (and registers the property solely in his name, as if he were single)? Does that restringe my rights?

Thank you for your help.

Hi everyone
    I married a USC and I applied for AOS.
    I have some doubts regarding my legal rights as a USC still waiting for adjustment.
    Unfortunatelly, it's likely that he's cheating on me and keeps a relatioship with one of his ex-girlfriend.
    Can my husband marry another woman in another country(if he is married in the USA, but our marriage was not officialy validated through the consulate of that foreign country)?
    Can he purchase properties in that country (and registers the property solely in his name, as if he were single)? Does that restringe my rights?

Thank you for your help.

deport illegal aliens

Get yourself a good divorce lawyer and a good immigration attorney. You can stay in the U.S. under certain conditions that the immigration attorney can explain and prepare the proper paperwork to retain status. The divorce lawyer can stop husband from transferring community funds into overseas property. Do it now. Don't wait. Husband probably thinks you will do nothing for fear of deportation. However, there are remedies to preserve your status in the U.S.

TO PARALEGAL:
    YOU MAY BE RIGHT,A GOOD LAWYER WOULD PROBABLY BE THE BEST OPTION.
    THERE ARE BASICALLY TWO MAIN PROBLEMS TO DO THAT, THOUGH:
    FIRST, I CANNOT AFFORD A LAWYER'S FEE RIGHT NOW(I HAVEN'T GOT MY EAD YET, THEREFORE I DON'T HAVE A SOURCE OF INCOME).
    SECOND, I WILL HAVE TO PROVIDE STRONG EVIDENCES IN ORDER TO BE ELEGIBLE FOR SELF-PETITION TO RETAIN MY STATUS(THIS WOULD REQUIRE THE JOB OF A DETECTIVE IN THE US AND OVERSEES, OTHERWISE, ANY PROCESS WOULD BE BASED SOLELY ON MY ALLEGATIONS).
    HOW MUCH DOES A LAWYER CHARGE FOR A CONSULTATION? WILL HE BE ABLE TO DETERMINE IF I CAN RETAIN MY STATUS, AFTER EXPLAINING MY SITUATION TO HIM?

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.