50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: no objection statement letter for J1 visa

I came here with a J1 visa,and i'm subject to the two year home country presence requirement.My visa expired,one year ago,and i got married with a usc.Now i need that letter,''no objection'',so i can apply from here for AOS.I called the us ambassy in my country,that issued my visa,and they told me that i have to talk with the consulate of my country here,but here they told me that they have nothing to do with this.The person who answered at the phone,didn't even know what is J1 visa,and what means ''two year home country...''Can anyone help us?We don't know from where can we get that letter,and how to apply for it.And without this,we can't apply for aos.Thank you to all that will find time to answer me!

I came here with a J1 visa,and i'm subject to the two year home country presence requirement.My visa expired,one year ago,and i got married with a usc.Now i need that letter,''no objection'',so i can apply from here for AOS.I called the us ambassy in my country,that issued my visa,and they told me that i have to talk with the consulate of my country here,but here they told me that they have nothing to do with this.The person who answered at the phone,didn't even know what is J1 visa,and what means ''two year home country...''Can anyone help us?We don't know from where can we get that letter,and how to apply for it.And without this,we can't apply for aos.Thank you to all that will find time to answer me!

I have a J2 visa also but fortunately, i'm not subject to the 2 years req. But i found this link on the web that might help you.

http://travel.state.gov/jvw.html

to olp:thank you for the answer.I read that page,but is very complicated to do by yourself.And i overstayed my visa,for more than one year,so i have to be more carefull.We already talk with a lawyer,and he said that he can help us,but he is asking 3000$ ,only for that letter.He is a very nice guy,with a lot of experience,and he said that we should try first to obtain that letter from my country,and if we don't succed,than we can ask his help,and he's gonna take care of this problem.So,i guess we are going back to the lawyer.