free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please HELP !!

i am an american citizen for 12 years now. 2,5 years ago I married the man from Chile, who crossed illegaly the border from Mexico. Right after the mariage we applied for adjustment of status. We were misleaded by the paraligal person, that we need to apply the same time for the permitt of re-entry, after deportation. We paid $500 and filed. We were told that, this $500 is for the lawyer who is going to "keep the eye" on the case.
    Our adjastment of status was filed in immigration office in downtown of Los Angeles. 13 months after being married we got a letter about the interview. When we went there, we did not have interview because the file was in Laguna Niguel.
    After waiting next a half of year, we were told in Laguna "it can take 2 or more years from now". We hired the lawyer, paid money. Lawyer requested record from FBI, it was no deportation and it was no any need to file to Laguna. Lawyer is claiming that he is not able to get papers from Laguna and transwer to Los Angeles. Next over half of year passed by. Clerks in Laguna told us, the file is on supervisor hold and no one gives us any term when file can be return to Los Angeles. We both have old, me very old mother, parents abroad and we not able to go to take care of them, also another extremely important issues are involved we our rights to leave US for longer time. Can anyone help us ??? Not going into details, our survival depends on it, we are close to loose our minds.regards eva

i am an american citizen for 12 years now. 2,5 years ago I married the man from Chile, who crossed illegaly the border from Mexico. Right after the mariage we applied for adjustment of status. We were misleaded by the paraligal person, that we need to apply the same time for the permitt of re-entry, after deportation. We paid $500 and filed. We were told that, this $500 is for the lawyer who is going to "keep the eye" on the case.
    Our adjastment of status was filed in immigration office in downtown of Los Angeles. 13 months after being married we got a letter about the interview. When we went there, we did not have interview because the file was in Laguna Niguel.
    After waiting next a half of year, we were told in Laguna "it can take 2 or more years from now". We hired the lawyer, paid money. Lawyer requested record from FBI, it was no deportation and it was no any need to file to Laguna. Lawyer is claiming that he is not able to get papers from Laguna and transwer to Los Angeles. Next over half of year passed by. Clerks in Laguna told us, the file is on supervisor hold and no one gives us any term when file can be return to Los Angeles. We both have old, me very old mother, parents abroad and we not able to go to take care of them, also another extremely important issues are involved we our rights to leave US for longer time. Can anyone help us ??? Not going into details, our survival depends on it, we are close to loose our minds.regards eva

I'm sure Umesh didn't see your post.
    I don't know the answer, he or somebody else may know.
    Goooood Luuuuuuuck!

you'll have to forgive me, but where is laguna niguel? california? are you usc?

assuming so, first try another lawyer, and if nothing else happens try a senator - although they cannot guarantee that your case will be processed as you would like, they should be able to help it get to the right place!

good luck!

Bastian: this problem was not caused by INS or paralegals - it was brought about because your husband decided to break or ignore US law....
    if he entered without inspection, by LAW, (yes, there are those darn laws again) he cannot adjust status. Stop blaming others for your husband's transgressions - it is not the fault of any paralegal nor INS....

it was caused by the stupid under educated lying ins and paralegals. they were paid to so a honest job and they did not do it. if you paid someone to wash your car and when you got it back dirty wouldnt you say they did not do their job correctly. oh i guess the reason you got it back dirty is your fault because you drove it right through a big mud puddle.

to Guest: reread my posting: this problem only came about because her husband chose to violate US law - if he had entered the country LEGALLY, they would not be having this problem....what is so difficult to understand? It is NOT the INS's fault that someone violates US law nor the fault of any paralegal if someone chooses to circumvent our rules.

My husband came into this country illegally and he has ajusted status as a permanent resident. also when we wanted my mother in law to come vistit we went to our local immigration office and aske dfor permission or what forms to fill out and the immigration officer flat out told us that it would take forever for her to come the so called "LEGAL" way that you talk about and that if we really wanted her here just pass her over illegally and we could get it all done real fast.

what a wonderful family .... you have no respect whatsoever for US laws....and we fight wars for you????

i guess you have never fallen in love. when you love someone you dont care about their wrongs and rights. my husband treats me right he works hard to take care of his family. he is not a drunk does not do drugs has never hit me. there are days that my husband sleeps 3 hours a night because he works so hard. he owns his own bussiness and has only a 6th grade education. when he first cam over here he slept under a bridge. he has never recieved any type of goverment help (ex. welfare, food stamp, etc.) i dont think i could have found a better person to live the rest of my life with and have children with. and he supports me in all of my dreams.
    that ins agent told us reality thats all.
    you sound like you are so perfect that you have never done anything wrong. no one is perfect only God. but maybe you are not a christian either.