free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i 751 case, req for more evidence, and travel outside the US

I got a question...
    I submitted the 1 751, and they requested with the i757e for more evidence, since I had to explain why my marriage did not work. I will put in my package, a testimonial that I wrote and 2 affidavits of friends. I filed in the california service center first and now im about to send (more evidence i 757). 2 questions... Can I travel outside the U.S while this is in process? and how long does it take to get an answer?, will they request an interview?
    thank you

how long are you planning to travel? a week? two weeks? a month?

As for the interview, it would depend on what evidence they are asking for and what you provide.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Regardless of time, you can apply for advanced parole.

Hi Devoted,

My suggestion, just to be on a safe side...I would hold of on the travelling, unless your green card it is still valid, even so..since you are in the situation you are in....stay here. My understanding is that CSC are on a 6 months plan, so it may be a fast processing if you have all the evidence sent quickly. By the way, did they scheduled you fro Biometrics?!

The only biometrics i had were taken back in jul 08 when i sent the i 751, after that my case was sent to the cali service center, got response requesting more evidence in jan 28, i submitted my additional info march 3rd, which included my testimony and 2 affidavits of friends that have seen us married. I need to travel for biz april 3 through the 6th, my lawyer told me i can still travel with the letter i received from the ins (the one that can be use to travel for a year)along with the expired greencard. Anybody can give me more input about cases like this?
    Thx

Originally posted by devoted:
    I got a question...
    I submitted the 1 751, and they requested with the i757e for more evidence, since I had to explain why my marriage did not work. I will put in my package, a testimonial that I wrote and 2 affidavits of friends. I filed in the california service center first and now im about to send (more evidence i 757). 2 questions... Can I travel outside the U.S while this is in process? and how long does it take to get an answer?, will they request an interview?
    thank you

YOu may travel with your expired greencard and the I797 that shows that you are still authorized to work and travel. No problem at all as long as you have both the greencard and the letter.

Travel now while you can and are able to come back into the country.

It sounds like you do not have much evidence to support the bonafide marriage. What evidence did you send in with the 751waiver and what evidence did you send when they asked for more evidence?

I know you sent a letter explaining the divorce and some affadavits, but what other evidence showing that you lived together and shared financials were sent?

There is a good posssibility that your case will have an interview. This is good for you because you will have a chance to make an impression on the I/o that you had a bonafide marriage.