publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Canadian Permanent resident applying for H1 at Calgary Consulate.... how long is it taking?

My husband's H1 visa has expired and he needs to get a new visa stamped in his passport so he can return to the US when he travels for business soon. He is a Pakistani citizen and a Permanent resident of Canada, 31 years of age. From what we understand, the Calgary consulate allows permanent residents to walk in without needing to make an appointment. What we wanted to know is how long is it going to take for him to get his Visa from there? Has any male from the special registration countries applied for any visa visit/business/work, for the US in Canada and how long did it take?

My husband's H1 visa has expired and he needs to get a new visa stamped in his passport so he can return to the US when he travels for business soon. He is a Pakistani citizen and a Permanent resident of Canada, 31 years of age. From what we understand, the Calgary consulate allows permanent residents to walk in without needing to make an appointment. What we wanted to know is how long is it going to take for him to get his Visa from there? Has any male from the special registration countries applied for any visa visit/business/work, for the US in Canada and how long did it take?

Has anyone who is required to do special registration applied for any US visa from Canada? Does anyone know anyone like that? Of course, you call the consulate and the lady who answers knows nothing. So any help I can get is appreciated.

Hi
    I have some experinece with visa application at Calgary before sept 11, 2001. It went pretty smooth. Obviously things have changed by now. But for more info,you can email me at
    zsiddiquee@netzero.net
    Also post your experience if your husband has alredy gone there. Thanks.