50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help me !!

I'm an international student in US. My uncle is in here and he is married to US citizen. Is there any way I can convert my student status to an immigrant or work visa.

I need some help. It is very hard for me to go back to my country at this position. Is there any loopholes ??
    Thanks,

I'm an international student in US. My uncle is in here and he is married to US citizen. Is there any way I can convert my student status to an immigrant or work visa.

I need some help. It is very hard for me to go back to my country at this position. Is there any loopholes ??
    Thanks,

First word of advice. Never use the word loophole when looking for help, especially on this board. That is an instant turn off.
    An employer may be able to sponsor you. Have you checked into this yet?

No, your uncle cannot sponsor you. You're on your own. Either find an employer who'll sponsor you, or marry a U.S. citizen.

SO FUNNY LINDA LOL BUT I AGREEEEEE LOLLLLLLLLL

ab, I wasn't really joking! There are people on this board who will attack you for the slightest thing and will invent things if they're bored enough!
    Rick, have you looked into employer sponsorship yet? This is a viable option. Marriage to a US citizen is too, but I would hope it would be for love and not identification. That would be miserable for you. Please look into employer sponsorship. Let us know how it goes. I wish you the best of luck!

Rick, once you graduate, you can apply for Optional Practical Training which is a one year work authorization card. If you don't know what this is, check with you international student advisor.

doesn't it depend on where you come from? for example, someone from, say, germany, is harder to get work visa(since there are plenty of jobs in germany.) if you are from a country like eriteria or bengal, then you have more chances in saying "see, i can't go there"

other than that, i'm blonde as far as immigration laws go :-)

I don't think where you come from have much to do with obtaining a H1B visa. It depends on factors such as an employer who's willing to sponsor you, your degree (the job you find has to be directly related to your field of study, except for during the 1-year OPT), and I believe there is a minimum salary requirement. If you want to further apply for immigrant visa (Green card) then your employer has to prove that he can't find any eligible US citizen for the position.