Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-130 approval

Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Sammy, Mohan, Lord, I need replies. Thanks in advance.

Guys I am back again for your expert advice, plz do me a favor by answering to my question, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

hey mandy

is the petitioner a citizen or lpr?

you are right... it does take about 5 or 6 years. i am in the same situation. my wife who is a greencard holder petitioned i-130 for me and after petitioning for me they send us a letter saying we have to wait between 150- and 999 days. But my wife just applied for citizenship and she just took her fingerprints. So as soon as she become a citizen she will upgrade the i-130 and as soon as the vermont center sends the file to our local office i can file for the i-485 , my working permit etc.

maybe they understood you wrong, maybe they thought that your petitioner was a usc.

or maybe it just means that they are speeding up the kind of cases...hope so.

As far as I know if you're a USC, it should take at most 60 days. I know people who have filed it and approved the same day. If i understand well you file at the counter with the I-485, G-325A and I-864. I don't understand the 360-999 days thing.

to ghost
    60 days? for what? in what state is that??.. i think what mandy means is , how long does it take to process the i-130 when the petitioner is a greencard holder. from the moment you apply for the i-130 to exactly getting your greencard takes for sure 5 to 6 years, if your petitioner doesnt become a usc.

Ohhh if petitioner is GC holder it takes that much, holly cow..Thanks for the update ma'am. Kinda ridiculous , I mean they got married so I don't understand the double standard.