free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTIONS PLZ HELP

I went yesterday and spoke to a lawyer but I am not quite surew if what she is saying will work. I am a USC who is involved with an illegal. We have a son together. She said that if we got married here he could adjust his status in the US, by filling out the I-30 (i believe)and the rest of a packet. I thought that if they were illegal he had to go to his home country to recieve his papes and then possibly end up facing a 3/10 ban. Can someone provide info on this and tell me about any experieces. Any advice would be great also.

Thanks in Advance

I went yesterday and spoke to a lawyer but I am not quite surew if what she is saying will work. I am a USC who is involved with an illegal. We have a son together. She said that if we got married here he could adjust his status in the US, by filling out the I-30 (i believe)and the rest of a packet. I thought that if they were illegal he had to go to his home country to recieve his papes and then possibly end up facing a 3/10 ban. Can someone provide info on this and tell me about any experieces. Any advice would be great also.

Thanks in Advance

As long as he has enterred the country legally and has not committed any crime here, he can adjust status here after marrying a USC

Whatever you do, he SHOULD NOT leave the country, or he wull be facing the 3/10 years ban

he entered illegally but the lawyer is acting like there would be NO problems if he wanted to go home for a visit.. This sounds like it is too easy to me. I think there is a catch somewhere. Is there a waiver to let him leavge the country and re-enter without facing 3/10 after he gets all papers here?
    Thank You g

If he came into the country illegally he cannot change status unless 245i is prolongued.

Did he enter the country without inspection or something else?

yes he entered without inspection. The lawyer said he could change status without 245. Like I said before this sounds too easy. Please any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

i hope someone can help with this please. Xandtrick thanks for the input anymore you can give me would be wonderful.

Unless 245i is extented he will not be able to adjust status although there are known exceptions.

Only thing he can do is go back to his homecountry and apply for a K-1 visa or you file a I-130 if you are already married but beware, this may trigger the 10 year ban.

My advise is to talk to a good, and I mean good lawyer.

we talked about the k visa and she said that too much lying would be involved. its hard to prove a long distance relationship when hes here with me. Can you tell me of some of these exceptions?
    Thank you for all your help.