50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: SAMMY PLEASE HELP

I KNOW A FRIEND WHO CAME TO THIS COUNTRY WITH A VISA AND APPLY FOR POLITICAL ASSAYLM, DID NOT HERE FROM INS A YEAR AND HALF.MOVE DOWN TO ANOTHER STATE,MARRIED A USC WHO PETITION FOR HIM A YR LATER.HE HAD HIS GREENCARD AND IS BEING OVER 8YRS.RECENTLY REQUESTED FOR HIS FILE WITH INS AND REALISE HE WAS ISSUED OSC BUT IT WAS NOT PROPERLY SERVED.THE FORMS WAS NOT PROPERLY FILL, NO DATE, NO SIGNATURE AND MANY OTHER INFORMATION WERE MISSING.HE SHOWED IT TO AN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS AND WAS TOLD HIS CASE WAS ABANDONED AND PROBABLY IT WAS ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED.TWO LAWYERS CONFIRMED THAT.HE FILE FOR CITIZENSHIP AND IS BEING A YR AND HALF AND HE IS WAITING TO HERE HIS SWEARING DATE.ON HIS FORMS, HE DID CHECK NO WHEN ASK ABOUT ANY DEPORTATION ORDER AGAINST HIM.
    SAMMY OR MOHAN , YOUR COMMENT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I KNOW A FRIEND WHO CAME TO THIS COUNTRY WITH A VISA AND APPLY FOR POLITICAL ASSAYLM, DID NOT HERE FROM INS A YEAR AND HALF.MOVE DOWN TO ANOTHER STATE,MARRIED A USC WHO PETITION FOR HIM A YR LATER.HE HAD HIS GREENCARD AND IS BEING OVER 8YRS.RECENTLY REQUESTED FOR HIS FILE WITH INS AND REALISE HE WAS ISSUED OSC BUT IT WAS NOT PROPERLY SERVED.THE FORMS WAS NOT PROPERLY FILL, NO DATE, NO SIGNATURE AND MANY OTHER INFORMATION WERE MISSING.HE SHOWED IT TO AN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS AND WAS TOLD HIS CASE WAS ABANDONED AND PROBABLY IT WAS ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED.TWO LAWYERS CONFIRMED THAT.HE FILE FOR CITIZENSHIP AND IS BEING A YR AND HALF AND HE IS WAITING TO HERE HIS SWEARING DATE.ON HIS FORMS, HE DID CHECK NO WHEN ASK ABOUT ANY DEPORTATION ORDER AGAINST HIM.
    SAMMY OR MOHAN , YOUR COMMENT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There should not be any problem in this matter. Some places it is taking a lot of time for Naturalization. Once a person is interviewed thereafter it is fast for oath. In case, interview was conducted long time back, then your friend you contact Immigration Office where he went for Interview, if any.
    If an application is abandoned or administratively closed then generally there is no OSC. In that situation, your friend can apply for a waiver. If he encounters any problem then he should immediately seek services of a good Immigration Attorney, who has specialized in that particular field.
    Good luck.

FL, i don't see any problem as long as yr friend was truthful about this asylum situation on his green card application because on GC application there is a question being asked whether or not applicant ever filed for p.residency in the u.s. or aboroad. I do understand that this question is about PERMANANT RESIDENCY instead of ASYLUM, but it depends how INS takes its position to this question. But, i strongly believe yr friend would not have any problem in respect to naturalization if he did not lie anything on his application, not only about asylum but all other information also, since just because of this problem INS would investigate his case very carefully. It is important for you to know that previously if someone files for a asylum then it used to take upto 9yrs or more when s/he will be called in to present their case in front of immigration judge. Meanwhile, person is allowed to get EAD and based on EAD, they can get ss# and other stuff. But, when these people go in front of judge, then 99% cases get rejected regardless, and then there is no other chance for the person to adjust their status over here except very legitimate marriage with a USC, which would be investigated with "beyond the resonable doubt" evidences, because INS and immigration judge presume automatically that the said marriage is just to avoid deportation, that's why they will go in more depth in their investigation to verify the validity of the marriage.Since, it takes upto 9 yrs to hear anything on asylum case previously, yr friend's record was clear when he received his p.residency. It is the similar situation of Mohammad Atta, a plane hijacker of 9/11 incident, if you remember, wherein INS sent the notice of approval of his application which has filed more than a yr ago and he was already died 6 months ago of its mailing.

Yr friend can not use the excuse that he did not receive the notice or received it lately, since it was his responsibility to update any change of address with INS rather than INS looking for him for his address. The other attorneys are right when they informed him that the asylum case might have abandoned according to INS, or administratively closed if you don't show up on the date of hearing. But, like i said earlier, it should not be any problem even though he applied for asylum in the past, and did move some other places without notifying INS, and did receive this 'order to show cause' somehow oneway or another, because he did not lie to them at the GC application nor at the time of interview on that application since INS never ask about it. In additition, it was INS's responsibility to verify everything in the system before grant him p.residency and believe me they knew about it thru his fingerprint which they obtained at the time when he received EAD based on asylum application. However, they did not care about it because it was not a problem because he was eligible for GC under another category rather than asylum. Filing the asylum did not mean that he could not file for GC under another category, as well filing the asylum doesn't mean that his was under deportation proceeding. If i were him, i should have gone to the local INS, and clarrify that 'order to show cause' notice and then answer on naturalization application accordingly. But, since he already has answered NO to the question that he never was or is in deportation proceeding, then no problem at all, because first of all, he is right in his answer, second he still has opportunity to rectify this situation at the time of his interview on naturalization application , if only adjudication officer asks for it. I personally and strongly believe that he won't face any problem at all in respect to this issue, trust me.

Nevertheless, i am just wondering why did he wait so long (8 yrs) to file for naturalization. Second, what it makes me to see his file, did he suspect something could be wrong? Well, anyway , it is not my bussiness nor i wanna know about it, since it is just my curiousity. You have been a good friend to your friend, keep it up and Good luck to him.

Excellent!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA