ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Entering the US illegally

  1. #1
    Can someone who has entered the US illegally become legal resident?

  2. #2
    Can someone who has entered the US illegally become legal resident?

  3. #3
    If you are Mexican, 245i will help. Not sure about others.

  4. #4
    245 I is the only way I know of that is legal.
    I would be leary of anything else and make sure you confirm with a lawyer before proceeding.

  5. #5
    Not true, 245i is not for Mexicans only. It is for everyone and there is a big question as to whether or not it will be re-introduced.

  6. #6
    245i is only applicable if you have an employer, spouse, sister or whatever to sponsor you. If you don't have any means of being sponsored by anyone then 245i does not apply. 245i is not a green card or a work permit. It appears to me that many on this page believe that if 245i is re-introduced we will all get green cards -- not true.

  7. #7
    deport illegal aliens

  8. #8
    illegal aliens are criminals, not immigrants

  9. #9
    A foreign national, currently out of status, and who has entered the country without inspection is removalable.

    245i is a general amensty (similar to the 1986 law) that gives such persons a chance to adjust their status if they qualify. As a previous poster suggested, some kind of basis (sponsor) must exist.

    If there isn't a sponsor, the removability issue must be overcome, which includes severe prongs such as "extreme hardship" to a close USC or LPR, a contracdictary condition in which the foreign national must proove that s/he has been here for over 10 yrs. without having violated any laws (labor laws included!).

    So in short; yes in theory, it is possible for an unlawfull foreign national to adjust. But it's a very long process and practically not feasable (by the time 10+ yrs. are accumulated, the laws may change, for instance). Good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 01:44 PM
  2. F1 visa holder working illegally and getting pay illegally
    By clancy in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 09:17 PM
  3. illegally here since i was 7, can you help
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 01:58 PM
  4. Please help "re-entering the US with AP"
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 01:25 PM
  5. here illegally
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 05:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: