50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Delay in receiving the Green Card after it was approved

My I-485 was approved on May 7 this year and I still did not get the notice of approval by mail, as usual. Neither my attorney got a copy. I need this piece of paper where I suppose it says when and where should I go get the temporary GC(red stamp in my passport).

On the BCIS web page, along with my approval notice there is a statement that says "IF 14 DAYS HAVE PASSED AND YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS NOTICE, YOU MAY WISH TO VERIFY OR UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS" being necessary to speak to an immigration information officer during business hours.
    I phoned them three times on that regard and all they do is open a ticket reporting my case.
    The situation is that I did apply for the extension of my advance parole(I-131) on Nov/02 and it was denied due the I-485 approval on May/03. Now I can not leave the country because I do not have the GC nor the Advance Parole. My boss wants me to send overseas and I am putting him on hold hoping to receive something that allows me to travel sooner.

Questions: Is that any other way to ask for my notice of approval or can I go straight to the local immigration office asking for the stamp? Stop by and tell them I do not have the paper saying it was approved but they can see that it was indeed approved on their terminals.

I'm in a kind of limbo not getting the I-131 for which I paid for and still not have the I-485.

Any ideas ?

My I-485 was approved on May 7 this year and I still did not get the notice of approval by mail, as usual. Neither my attorney got a copy. I need this piece of paper where I suppose it says when and where should I go get the temporary GC(red stamp in my passport).

On the BCIS web page, along with my approval notice there is a statement that says "IF 14 DAYS HAVE PASSED AND YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS NOTICE, YOU MAY WISH TO VERIFY OR UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS" being necessary to speak to an immigration information officer during business hours.
    I phoned them three times on that regard and all they do is open a ticket reporting my case.
    The situation is that I did apply for the extension of my advance parole(I-131) on Nov/02 and it was denied due the I-485 approval on May/03. Now I can not leave the country because I do not have the GC nor the Advance Parole. My boss wants me to send overseas and I am putting him on hold hoping to receive something that allows me to travel sooner.

Questions: Is that any other way to ask for my notice of approval or can I go straight to the local immigration office asking for the stamp? Stop by and tell them I do not have the paper saying it was approved but they can see that it was indeed approved on their terminals.

I'm in a kind of limbo not getting the I-131 for which I paid for and still not have the I-485.

Any ideas ?