free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Stay, or go back for F-1 Visa

Hi, everybody. I have a dilemma.

A person receives a multi entry B-2 visa on purpose of finding a School with MBA program. He gets to US, finds a school, gets admission letter from one of top schools in US and now there is a question either to go back home and receive F-1 or stay in US or submit an application for a status change. It would be relevant to say that our prospective student gets married during stay under B-2 and this marriage is based on a true love. A spouse is a permanent resident.

1. In case of status change in US, our hero looses a privilege of traveling for a period of study. But there is almost a 100% that F-1 status will be obtained.

2. Going back home and getting F-1 entry visa gives an opportunity to travel without problems but.....

a) There is a question in a new visa application if you have relatives in US. Not to show a spouse is a fraud.
    b) Showing the closest relative might make the situation even worse. An officer may consider marriage as an intention to immigrate.
    c) There is an admission letter and I-20 from a Business school and no intention to live in US after the study is completed.
    Perhaps getting married was a mistake, but... there were several reasons, and the main reason was love and religious custom.
    We do not really know what to do. Any comments or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi, everybody. I have a dilemma.

A person receives a multi entry B-2 visa on purpose of finding a School with MBA program. He gets to US, finds a school, gets admission letter from one of top schools in US and now there is a question either to go back home and receive F-1 or stay in US or submit an application for a status change. It would be relevant to say that our prospective student gets married during stay under B-2 and this marriage is based on a true love. A spouse is a permanent resident.

1. In case of status change in US, our hero looses a privilege of traveling for a period of study. But there is almost a 100% that F-1 status will be obtained.

2. Going back home and getting F-1 entry visa gives an opportunity to travel without problems but.....

a) There is a question in a new visa application if you have relatives in US. Not to show a spouse is a fraud.
    b) Showing the closest relative might make the situation even worse. An officer may consider marriage as an intention to immigrate.
    c) There is an admission letter and I-20 from a Business school and no intention to live in US after the study is completed.
    Perhaps getting married was a mistake, but... there were several reasons, and the main reason was love and religious custom.
    We do not really know what to do. Any comments or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Ok so your already married.

Then there is no problem. You can just apply for change of status. Once you status is changed you can study and wouldnt require a F1 visa.

For eg. if you had to go home now, and try and enter the US with a B2 visa your entry would be denied as you have dual intent you are married to a USC.

Change your status.;->

Handy
    Latin
    Phrases
    ---
    (The Internet Original)

Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat.
    It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
    God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
    Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
    The designated hitter rule has got to go.

Sona si latine loqueris.
    Honk if you speak Latin.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
    I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Vacca Foeda!
    Stupid Cow!

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.
    Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
    I think some people in togas are plotting against me.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis
    exponebantur ad necem.
    In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags.

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
    If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota
    monax materiam possit materiari?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
    I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult.

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem.
    Stand aside, little people! I'm here on official business.

(At a poetry reading)
    Nullo metro compositum est.
    It doesn't rhyme.

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.
    I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

Tuis pugis pignore!
    You bet your bippy!

Quomodo cogis comas tuas sic videri?
    How do you get your hair to do that?

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
    Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.

Romani quidem artem amatoriam invenerunt.
    You know, the Romans invented the art of love.

Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.
    Yes, that is a very large amount of corn.

(At a barbeque)
    Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?
    Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?

Neutiquam erro.
    I am not lost.

Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum.
    Only you are can prevent forest fires.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.
    It was that way when I got here.

Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus
    et nimis propinquus ades.
    If you can read this bumper sticker, you are
    very well educated and much too close.

Hocine bibo aut in eum digitos insero?
    Do I drink this or stick my fingers in it?

You can't say that in Latin.
    Illiud Latine dici non potest.

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.
    Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out.

Need a translation?

Please send your request to our
    "staff linguist" at bsmith@zippynet.com.

A small donation (via PayPal) can help your request
    skip over our numerous backlogged free requests
    and will help defray a portion of our costs. -- Thank you!

Fun Reading and Reference
    Cassell's Latin Dictionary
    Latin-English, English-Latin
    D.P. Simpson
    Amo, Amas, Amat and More
    How to Use Latin to Your Own Advantage
    and to the Astonishment of Others
    Eugene Ehrlich

Which Way to the Vomitorium
    Vernacular Latin for All Occasions
    O'Mara, Williams
    The Highly Selective Dictionary
    For The Extraordinarily Literate
    Eugene Ehrlich

Fairy Tales in Latin:
    Fabulae Mirabiles
    Barocas, Schearer
    Cattus Petasatus
    The Cat in the Hat in Latin
    Seuss, Tunberg

Easy Latin Crossword Puzzles
    Robinette, Allen
    Latin for All Occasions
    Lingua Latina Occasionibus Omnibus
    Henry Beard

Interesting Notes and History:

The original version of this list was compiled in the late 1980's. It was shared and augmented by friends and fellow UseNet news readers, primarily on rec.humor. (Even then, it was inevitablely cross-posted everywhere else.)

In the very early 1990's the list migrated to Gopher, an early, but popular, text-based hypertext web scheme. At about the same time, a guy by the name of Beard published a book that contained many of these phrases verbatim. While copyrighted, it's clear that portions of his text were culled from these public sources.

In 1993, this list was first published on the World Wide Web right here at www.zippynet.com (The BSmith Connection). The only browser at the time was "Mosaic", but the Handy Latin Phrases page was still a popular link.

Over the last decade, the list has matured well and experienced the gamut of internet life. Its HTML coding first sported the new and technically advanced Netscape tags, later of course switching to Internet Exploder for wider compatibility with the masses. The list has been copied by fans and hacked up in numerous interesting ways.

And in the true spirit of the modern internet, like many of it's imitators, the list was even warned of copyright infringement regarding Beard's multi-sourced book. They "could not help but notice a certain glaring similarity to Henry Beard's 'Latin For All Occasions'. This book is copyrighted, and therefore required that you acknowledge the source of the phrases on your page." Well, Duhh! Where do you think he got them? No matter.

Above all else, the response from our readers has been incredible! We've received countless comments and an endless stream of translation requests. Each year the requests seem to double, and we struggle as best we can to keep up. Regardless, keep 'em coming. We're just people helping people. (Someone probably went and trademarked that, too.)

BSmith

- In Vino Veritas -

Return to The BSmith Connection

bsmith@zippynet.com

No need to send money Via Paypal, Here s the translation... Don't make people fool You ediot?

Not calor sed umor is which nobis incommodat. It' S not the heat, it' S the humidity. Di! Ecce will hora! Uxor mea me necabit! God, look At the time! My wife will kill me! Estne volumen in toga, year solum tibi libet me videre? Does Is that have scroll in your toga, but are you just happy to see me? Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapulted habebunt. When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will cuts catapults. Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda is. The designated hitter rule has got to go. So Latin Sona loqueris. Honk Latin yew you speak. Te audire No possum. Musa sapientum fixed is in aure. I can' T hear you. I cuts has banana in my ear. Vacca Foeda! Stupid Cow! Re will vera, will cara mea, mea the Nile refert. Frankly my dear, I don' T give A damn. Sentio aliquos togatos countered to me conspirare. I think some people in togas are plotting against me. Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur AD necem. In the good old days, children like you were left to perish one windswept crags. Caesar if viveret, AD remum dareris. Yew Caesar were alive, you' D Be chained to year oar. Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax if marmota monax materiam possit materiari? Does How much Wood would have woodchuck chuck yew has woodchuck could chuck Wood? Nihil curo of ista killed stulta superstitione. I' m not interested in your dopey religious cult. Recedite, plebs! Gero rem imperialem. Stand aside, little people! I' m here one official business. (At has poetry reading) Nullo subway compositum is. It doesn' T rhyme. Not curo. If metrum not habet, not is poema. I don' T care. Yew it doesn' T rhyme, it isn' T has poem. Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum. With little song, little dance has, has little seltzer down your pants. Tuis pugis pignore! You Study Bureau your bippy! Did Quomodo cogis comas kill videri sic? How C you get your to hair to C that? Blowpipes mala! Cur cista not uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui. Bad kitty! Does Why don' T you use the cat box? I could new litter in it. Romani quidem artem amatoriam invenerunt. You know, the Romans invented the art of coils. Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum is. Yes, that is has very broad amount of corn. (does At have barbeque) Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in ferri faciem? Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face? Neutiquam erro. I amndt not lost. Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum. Only you are edge prevent forest fires. Ita erat quando difficulty adveni. It was that way when I got here. Sic hoc adfixum in light obice pals, and liberaliter educatus and nimis propinquus ades. Yew you edge read this bumper sticker, you are very well educated and much too closed. Hocine bibo aut in eum digitos insero? C I drink this gold stick my fingers in it? You can' T say that in Latin. Latin Illiud dici not potest. Vah! Latin Denuone loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur. Oh! Latin Was I speaking again? Silly me. Sometimes it just leaves of slipways out