Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: married, what next??

TO Umesh

I am a USC and recently got married. I need to start processing my husbands paper work since he is not a USC but has been living here for over 4 years. Can Umesh or anyone else please advise me on the forms that I should file for my husband and what forms he has to file also?

TO Umesh

I am a USC and recently got married. I need to start processing my husbands paper work since he is not a USC but has been living here for over 4 years. Can Umesh or anyone else please advise me on the forms that I should file for my husband and what forms he has to file also?

Congratulations.
    You need to file I-130 and at the same time your husband should file I-485 AOS, I-765, Medical etc. and Affidavit of Support from you. The whole marriage based AOS package you can downlowd from www.immigration.gov
    Most of these Forms are fillable and you can fill them first before printing them.
    Good luck.

Thanks A lot Umesh

I downloaded all forms today, including the I485-A..is this one necessary at this time? Also do you think that i should consult a Lawyer?

Hi XOXO,

No, you do not need to fill out the I-485A, just the I-485. I also would not suggest hiring a lawyer for the forms can be easily filled out by yourself. If you feel you need any assistance in doing so, just post your question on the board and I am sure there will be so many willing to help you fill them out and answer your questions.

Best Wishes and Congratulations on your Marriage. Did you get a chance to go on a honeymoon")?

Remember, we are here to help if you need any assistance.

One Heart

Wait a sec; did your husband originally come to the United States on a visa, or enter illegally? This would make a difference as to whether or not he qualifies for adjustment of status at this time, and thus what papers you should file at this time. Good luck.

HI
    My husband came here on an I 94 but it has since expired. When I downloaded these forms it also suggested that i fill out I 485?.

And No a honeymoon is not in the cards right now. Hopefully, if everything goes smoothly maybe soorner than I think.

Hello xoxo,

That is good that your husband entered legally. Just fill out all of the forms that Umesh suggested and you will be okay, but again, I will repeat, since your husband entered legally, you DO NOT need to fill out the I-485A Form, but you WILL NEED to fill out the I-485 Form (AOS) Adjustment of Status.

I wish you the best of luck in going on that honeymoon soon. Do you have any particular place in mind? You know, I feel if two people truly love each other, every day together should be thought of as a honeymoon").

God Bless and Good Luck!

One Heart

To Umesh and One Heart
    Thanks for all the help you have provided to me. It really means alot. I do I have question.

On th I130 there is a question that asks and i quote "Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawfull permanent resident in the office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service at ________.( what should i enter in this line> and where can it be found.

N/A because you are a USC.