free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help "re-entering the US with AP"

Hi,
    I appreciate any help and advice in advance!

Here is my situition: I entered the US with F2 visa( My husband is a F1 student). Two years ago, my husband was out of status during tansferring from one school to another school. He then filed I-539 and was re-instated a year later. Six months ago, he went back to our country and re-entered the US without any problem. We filed I-140/I485 recently and got our advance paroles.

My question is: Was I out of status and re-instated automatically with him( He only filed I-539 for reinstatement for himself)? Could I use AP re-enter the US?

Thanks!

Hi,
    I appreciate any help and advice in advance!

Here is my situition: I entered the US with F2 visa( My husband is a F1 student). Two years ago, my husband was out of status during tansferring from one school to another school. He then filed I-539 and was re-instated a year later. Six months ago, he went back to our country and re-entered the US without any problem. We filed I-140/I485 recently and got our advance paroles.

My question is: Was I out of status and re-instated automatically with him( He only filed I-539 for reinstatement for himself)? Could I use AP re-enter the US?

Thanks!

You'll be just fine.

To GC:
    If Immigration has issued you Advance Parole, then there will be no problem for you to re-enter the United States. You must remember that You must return to the States with the time allowed on the Advance Parole.
    Good luck.

The F-2 is a derivative status, meaning that when the principal (F-1) is out of status, so is the derivative (F-2). If you did not reinstate your status when he did, then you were out of status until you filed your I-485. If that period of unlawful status exceeded 180 days, then you can be subject to a 3-year bar to re-entry. The advance parole will still issue in such cases, but it is not a guarantee of admission. It is simply proof that you did not intend to abandon your LPR application. AP is not a visa.

I can help you if you want me too.
    I can wait for you on the border. You will be amazed how easy it will be.
    Here is my email. I will use my friends for now, and then he'll direct you to me.
    www.umeshpassi@yahoo.com
    Umesh will help, too.

If you want.