free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 26 federal plaza in nyc

hi there-
    does anyone have any information on what the deal is outside 26 federal plaza. when we went last time to get some information they said once 90 days had passed for my husband's EAD filing we could be one of the first 100 people in line and get the EAD card on the spot instead. otherwise we would have to wait for the appointment letter to arrive to pick it up.. which could be weeks from now for all we know! we are planning to go next week and stay over night but was wondering what time is best to arrive..midnight before that and also if it is safe? anyone? thanks in advance...

hi there-
    does anyone have any information on what the deal is outside 26 federal plaza. when we went last time to get some information they said once 90 days had passed for my husband's EAD filing we could be one of the first 100 people in line and get the EAD card on the spot instead. otherwise we would have to wait for the appointment letter to arrive to pick it up.. which could be weeks from now for all we know! we are planning to go next week and stay over night but was wondering what time is best to arrive..midnight before that and also if it is safe? anyone? thanks in advance...

New York: I think there are some serious problems are there in 26 federal plaza/NYC. Last time when I went there, I could not make it into building after waiting in line for 6 hours twice. Best time for you to make in into building is to reach there around 1 AM in the morning, and then you will be the one of the first people who made it around 9 AM in the morning. Also you will be not the only one who is there around 1 in the morning. There will be at least 100 people are waiting in line with sleeping bag, chairs and umbrella in their hand for any weather changes. This is how I made it into building for getting my passport stamped. Also if you go there around 6 AM in the morning then you will made it around 1 or 2 PM, by that time they might tell you to go home depending upon your application/Inquiry because some application they except only before 11AM. And yes it is safe.

Good Luck

thanks vivek, yes i know. the 1st and only time we went was at 6:40a and didnt get to speak to an agent until 11am. i guess that isn't that bad
    thanks again for the time info... i was begining to think we might have to get there the day before! now i feel somewhat better that there seems to be some sort of system in place however inconvenient it may be.