50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Long, long, long battle for Green Card

I am a British Citizen and I have been waiting for my Green Card application to go through since February, 2002. I came to the USA, with my two daughters on K1 and K2 visa's. I married my USC husband in November, 2001. We had submitted all paperwork, sometimes in duplicate, had fingerprints taken,and even had our interviews in January of this year. Now the INS are wanting evidence of our immunization shots. I was told at the Embassy in London which further shots the girls and I needed when in the USA and we had all of these in Nov/Dec 2001 at our local health clinic. Now the INS are wanting the Clinic to confirm that we have had all shots needed but the clinic are unable to complete the form submitted by the INS because they don't have any of our records from England !!! I have agreed that we take every single one of these shots again and even fast tracking these can not be completed until July. I have written to the INS informing them of this and of course we are still awaiting a reply. Can anyone tell me, is it necessary to take these shots again ? The original brown package handed to immigration on our arrival here has still not reached my local INS office - 16 months later. My eldest daughter is wanting to attend university this summer and we have to have our Green Cards to obtain SS numbers or else we may wind up paying international fees.

I am a British Citizen and I have been waiting for my Green Card application to go through since February, 2002. I came to the USA, with my two daughters on K1 and K2 visa's. I married my USC husband in November, 2001. We had submitted all paperwork, sometimes in duplicate, had fingerprints taken,and even had our interviews in January of this year. Now the INS are wanting evidence of our immunization shots. I was told at the Embassy in London which further shots the girls and I needed when in the USA and we had all of these in Nov/Dec 2001 at our local health clinic. Now the INS are wanting the Clinic to confirm that we have had all shots needed but the clinic are unable to complete the form submitted by the INS because they don't have any of our records from England !!! I have agreed that we take every single one of these shots again and even fast tracking these can not be completed until July. I have written to the INS informing them of this and of course we are still awaiting a reply. Can anyone tell me, is it necessary to take these shots again ? The original brown package handed to immigration on our arrival here has still not reached my local INS office - 16 months later. My eldest daughter is wanting to attend university this summer and we have to have our Green Cards to obtain SS numbers or else we may wind up paying international fees.

I'm not sure which exact immunizations are required for immigrants these days, but some may not be repeated in a certain time-frame.

For others, a titter test may be conducted to see if you have the immunizations activeted in your system. There should be a way to find out what you're imunized against and what not, whith out having have to retake the shots in other instances you may just go along and do it as soon as possible. Good luck!

When you had gone to US Consulate in London for interview for your K Visa, the consulate might have given you a copy of Medical Certificate submitted by you. You must check your papers and may be you will be able to find it and then all your problems will be solved. Therewise you will have to either show proof of immunizations from health clinic in English or from the United States.
    Good luck.