50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: EAD question to Me2...

Me2, can you tell me a little bit about the walk-in procedure for EAD? What do you need to take along with you?

I just received a form M-180 handwritten notation from INS today, telling me to come down the local office on any Thursday and see to receive a work auth. Also they want me to arrive early.

I will be leaving on Sept 10, getting in the line at 3 am in the morning as people, who worked with the MN office, suggest...

Me2, can you tell me a little bit about the walk-in procedure for EAD? What do you need to take along with you?

I just received a form M-180 handwritten notation from INS today, telling me to come down the local office on any Thursday and see to receive a work auth. Also they want me to arrive early.

I will be leaving on Sept 10, getting in the line at 3 am in the morning as people, who worked with the MN office, suggest...
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Bushmaster,

I brought along that 'letter' that asked you to pick the EAD. Thats all... what you have to do is to show that letter to the security guard and then they will allow you to get in and show you the room you suppose to go. Then, you have to forward that letter to any windows there and get your number. You have to wait for a while and then again they call and they take the instant photo and within 10 minutes your card will be ready. This is in Baltimore, I don't know about any other BCIS. By the way just bring few identification cards and don't forget your PASSPORT.

Anyway I'm glad you got your EAD. Finally .

OK will do...

This is not an appointment letter though, it is just a note from some officer of our local office. It kindda sounds like if they can issue an EAD. The note says "to see about receiving a work permit you need to come to the local office on a Thursday, come early." That is all

I actually care less if they would issue one or not, because my greencard interview and most likely stamping is two months away. That is why I was asking if I could get my money back. I don't have a passport right now either, INS is supposed to return it back to me sometime....

My wife talked to my attorney and in his area of practice if someone is getting his greencard from an immigration judge there is no such thing as filing EAD. Well, the judge and the INS District Counsel told us to do so. And now I am getting a note to go 10 hour trip down to the office so "they can see if I can get one" I have been waiting for 4 months for them to see it? This just pisses me off so much Me2, you know I don't even care about a EAD right now since I am studying for my military PT and ASVAB. I only wanted to get it so I could get the SSN thing out of the way. I didn't want to wait for 2 months to get a SSN. Now it will be most likely a wasted trip to Minnesota since I think INS will say "sorry you can't get one"...

Ouch! I do really hope they called you just to check if you really have it. They can check that through their system and no need to call you personally specially it is so far away.

By the way, I really hope you will get to hear some good news okay. There is nothing more good than having a positive thinking ...even sometimes its not. Take care and have a nice day.

I look at it this way, in NJ/NY area I am told that it is not possible to receive a EAD when you are supposed to get your greencard from the immigration court. So if I get it here, it is a plus! If I don't, I wouldn't be so upset because it is already not possible.