50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help!Wife wants to divorce alien husband

I've been married to my wife 2 months ago but it seems like we cannot get along, its just came out when we started to stay in one roof.We always have a lot of arguments specially,when I always reminding her about my status in which, my visa will gonna expire this coming December.She always telling me that I marry her for the immigration purposes cause some of her friends telling the same too.I love her but she don't believe me no more.Now she wants to file a divorce for me not even filing the petition for me as a spouse of a citizen and thats not fair enough.

My question are:Is there any chance for me to stay here?What shall I do?Do I need to sign the divorce papers?Can she still get the divorce even if I go back to my country?Please give me some advise what to do.Thank you very much.

I've been married to my wife 2 months ago but it seems like we cannot get along, its just came out when we started to stay in one roof.We always have a lot of arguments specially,when I always reminding her about my status in which, my visa will gonna expire this coming December.She always telling me that I marry her for the immigration purposes cause some of her friends telling the same too.I love her but she don't believe me no more.Now she wants to file a divorce for me not even filing the petition for me as a spouse of a citizen and thats not fair enough.

My question are:Is there any chance for me to stay here?What shall I do?Do I need to sign the divorce papers?Can she still get the divorce even if I go back to my country?Please give me some advise what to do.Thank you very much.

Hi
    First of all go for marriage counseling. Talk to her openly in a nice way and explain your situation and if you really love her ... make her feel that... but if you just got married for immigration benefits then that will be hard for you to stay in such a marriage for more 3 years as I -751 is taking such a long time...
    If you haven't done any AOS filing and no conditional green card in your hand then I don't think it would be possible for you to stay here on marriage bases... others on this board know more than me in this matter...somebody will clear ur doubts in details... the best option I see for you (from my view...just a frank opinion)...try to solve ur marriage conflicts....Good luck

Yes ... she can get a divorce even if u go to ur home country. She can file for a divorce where your marriage took place or where you both resided together last...that will be uncontested divorce if u go to ur home country...just take care of this mess first and i wish u good luck....Pasha

I think reminding your USC spouse of your precarius immigration siutation may be adding fuel to the fire and giving your USC spouse unfounded reasons to claim that you are only in the marriage for the immigration benefit.

Why not appeal to your wife that you try to work out your differences, why not try to suggest to her that it doesn't matter to you IF you stay here in the USA if you are not going to be with her in the future, and demonstrate to her that it is the marriage you are interested in protecting. Perhaps this will assuage her concerns enough to try counesling together.

it appears to me that the more you remind her of your status, whe is using that against you.

What state do you live in and have you checked on what the divorce laws are there? There may be k counseling or have a mandatory separation of a certain period of time, in which case, she would not be able to divorce you before December.

UH oh Uh oh

Guys u r missing the point. it doesnt matter whether there is divorce or not or how long it will take. She hasnt filed any paperwork. He cant stay legal even if they stay married if she doenst file the papers...and he cant make her.

Maurel.... How long did you know ur wife before marriage? It sounds like you are willing to get out of the marriage so long as you can get your papers. Here is the long and short of it...... YOu can get your papers here for the benefit for your wife. You will be allowed to work to help support the new family. (you & wife) You will get a legal status so ur wife doenst have to worry about you getting hassled here and to be able to conduct your lives as any other normal americans would. Now all this is for the benefit of your wife. I assume you are on a tourist visa... Now if you dont stay married.. then there is really no reason for you to be here in this country after your visa expires. right....

Now if you dont think you can work it out. And it is hard work in the first year. Then perhaps you were not ready for marriage. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and return to your country. Think about it.