50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: effect of withdrawl when I-90

I wanted to add it to the another with similar heading but diff appl. wasn't sure if one would mind . Also searched for I90 previous posts - 0 result. So I guess i have to start a new post. This is not something that happens a lot so guess will have to wait for some one who not only knows the law but also is inspired to reply to this post. So fellows here it goes::::

Can the USC withdraw application even when I90 is in process(process time is anywhere from 1-2 yrs)the GC issued then lost or stolen or destoyed filed for new?

Is this processing time as vulnerable as the time before getting GC is for the USC to scare with rights to withdraw application?

Can the applicaton be withdrawn anytime till alien does not become a usc himself?

I wanted to add it to the another with similar heading but diff appl. wasn't sure if one would mind . Also searched for I90 previous posts - 0 result. So I guess i have to start a new post. This is not something that happens a lot so guess will have to wait for some one who not only knows the law but also is inspired to reply to this post. So fellows here it goes::::

Can the USC withdraw application even when I90 is in process(process time is anywhere from 1-2 yrs)the GC issued then lost or stolen or destoyed filed for new?

Is this processing time as vulnerable as the time before getting GC is for the USC to scare with rights to withdraw application?

Can the applicaton be withdrawn anytime till alien does not become a usc himself?

I can't understand the question. The I-90 is filed by those who are already lawful permanent residents and are seeking to renew their green cards or replace them (after they have been lost or stolen). If you mean, can someone withdraw the application for a renewal of the green card, the answer is yes. However, if the card expires and it is not renewed, obviously the person would be abandoning his/her lawful permanent status.

Since the I-90 is filed by the green card person, not by his/her spouse or other US citizen, I fail to see how someone could threaten an alien who has filed the I-90. Once someone has a green card, there's no intimidation from a spouse.

Again, please help us understand.

Thankyou for asking for clarification. From whatever you did reply,I seem (no,no confirms will be better) a total ignorant of alien with permanent resident's rights and/or Immigration Laws and processes etc.

I 'll rephrase the question say i recieved my gc last month, lost it, filed I90 received letter saying new would be issued after going thru with your application could take 1-2 yrs. So my question was during this time(400-600days) that the alien is not in possesion of a gc(old/new) what is his legal status? coz they say we will then decide to issue new gc or deny? So is the alien still not kind of hanging on the hoose if i may say so.........

And the next questions rephrased are:-

Till when can a USC spouse intimidate/threaten an alien to not only cut them off their married life(divorce/seperate) throw out of house and out of country----
    Till he (alien) gets GC

or even when they hide or destroy your gc and your I90 is in process
    or
    Till he gets naturalised

and How does divorce/seperation affect legal status of alien in all three stages mentioned above

Kindly show light

Well, you can go to your local USCIS office with your I-90 receipt and they should stamp your passport.

As to part 2, once an alien has a green card, no one can threaten to take the green card away (unless it's a conditional GC).

As to the effect of divorce or separation on immigration issues, you may want to ask someone else.

Could someoneelse make effort to reply & explain