publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: INS and IRS interlinked?any Idea, pls help.

was jsut wondering if there is any link betwwen IRS and INS. I worked for 2 weeks off campus
    without work permit.I did not know the im-plications then. that was 6 months back. Now that I have received a copy of W-2 from the employer.I want to settle the issue by consulting an attorney. IS that possible? I am not sure whether to file a tax return for that income or not.IF i dont file a tx return then what will happen. Is it possible for INS to know when i come in contact with them, may be going out or cooming back to this country.

was jsut wondering if there is any link betwwen IRS and INS. I worked for 2 weeks off campus
    without work permit.I did not know the im-plications then. that was 6 months back. Now that I have received a copy of W-2 from the employer.I want to settle the issue by consulting an attorney. IS that possible? I am not sure whether to file a tax return for that income or not.IF i dont file a tx return then what will happen. Is it possible for INS to know when i come in contact with them, may be going out or cooming back to this country.

Thay are not linked but these days they are exchanging DB freequently to check every possiblity.

You re unlikely to have any problems, and if for some reason you do (I am assuming that you are on a student visa) I think it will be a lot easier to explain ignorance of part time work limitations (especially as you have only worked 2 months off campus) rather than ignorance of tax laws.

Therefore, file your taxes, and keep everything as legal as you possibly can. Most of their connections are only for AFTER you have had problems with the INS. i.e unless things have changed drastically, the ins does not check IRS databases unless there is reason to suspect some sort of illegal activity there