Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Different While in Removal proceedings!! please help

Hello
    I am under Removal Proceedings( NTA ISSUED) and My cpourt date is Next month.
    Now I want to MOVE to a differnt state cos I am getting Married with my fiancee thier, Can I move to a diffent state while I am a month away from My court hearing date(I am set for master calender)
    Our plan is to get married before teh ccourt date and My fiancee, (his is usa citizen) will file for petetion), Will judge give me any relief If I have File pending With INS when I will appear in court?
    Plese help this poor lady
    Thanks

Hello
    I am under Removal Proceedings( NTA ISSUED) and My cpourt date is Next month.
    Now I want to MOVE to a differnt state cos I am getting Married with my fiancee thier, Can I move to a diffent state while I am a month away from My court hearing date(I am set for master calender)
    Our plan is to get married before teh ccourt date and My fiancee, (his is usa citizen) will file for petetion), Will judge give me any relief If I have File pending With INS when I will appear in court?
    Plese help this poor lady
    Thanks

Whats the reason of your NTA?

I dont think you can marry and adjust your status since you have been issued a NTA, INS is gonna say that you got married to avoid deportation.

Thanks Garry

They issued it cos I did not find job on MY fisrt 4 motnhs of OPT time.

Whats your status right now ?
    Did you overstay and how long?

Well Gary, I still have work permit valid(till December 2003) so technically I dont know If I overstayed or what, Idont want to hire a lawyer cos I am educated women And I can do all research Myself.But I really apprecite your help, and by the way, can I move to a diffent state?

Marriage only is not gonna prevent deportation, you should marry and file before master hearing date.
    produce the Filing receipt with other evidence to judge , sure ,you have to prove that your marriage is bonafide and if judge think that your I-130 is approvable then he will give you another hearing date and he will wait for I-130 to be approve by INS, Next hearing date if your I-130 is approved then you will be allowed to AOS.
    On the other side of the coin, if you dont marry or Marry and don't file, you will have noting to prove that why you are allowed to stay in this country, in that case judge has two choice either allow you for voluntary departure which is within 90 days MAX or deport you. If you will be asked for depart voluntary then you have to give up your right to appeal too.

Thanks Mohan,

Well what If I take volunteer departure Before Master Hearing Date And then go back home and Ask My fiancee to file my K-1 visa, what is the probability in that case that The conslate will Issue me K-1 visa so I can come back and marry my fiancee and then file for papers?is there any hope

What you mean Voluntary departure before master hearing?
    IF you leave without attending master hearing it will be called self deported, and on the other hand hearing will be held in absentia and you will have deportation order against you.
    You should Ask for V departure and leave within time frame and then apply for K visa.
    How ling you was OOS?

I would do what Mohan said in the begining. Leaving may cause problems down the line when you are trying to get your visa.