free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: a worried diversity visa winner

Hi All....

I was selected through DV2003, and I chose to adjust my status in BCIS, but they haven't scheduled my interview yet . As the rule in DV processing, I have to get interview before Sept 30, 2003 or I'll lose my opportunity to have greencard.

My case number has become current, and I have been fingerprinted 3 months ago. But until now, there is no notification about the interview.

Is there anyone can help me?

Hi All....

I was selected through DV2003, and I chose to adjust my status in BCIS, but they haven't scheduled my interview yet . As the rule in DV processing, I have to get interview before Sept 30, 2003 or I'll lose my opportunity to have greencard.

My case number has become current, and I have been fingerprinted 3 months ago. But until now, there is no notification about the interview.

Is there anyone can help me?

From my experience, please contact those guys and just be ready with everything. Those guys do stuff at the last minute. They will send you a letter soon and you will have a very very short time to do stuff. In other words, use this time to get everything ready instead of worrying. When they call you, you wont have time to do anything...things move incredibly fast-the last few weeks before Sept 30.

Thanks for your response 10-4,

It a good news for me to hear from someone who get GC from Adjustment status based on DV.

Can you tell me how long it takes from finger printing untill the you got the letter scheduling your interview?

Do you need to have police letter from US?

Generally, it depends on whether you are in the US. I got mine from outta US. There was like 4 months between fingerprinting and interview but after interview within 2 weeks I had a letter telling me that I was successful. I needed a ltter of good conduct from my country cops as part of the application process.

thanks....

I see....so you processed your case in your country......

I lived in US when I am notified that I got a chance in DV......that's why I process it in INS......I wish I chose to do it in my country, 'cos it much more certain, and has more clear direction.

Anyway, congratulation for you........

airin...my bro just got the DV 2003 also but his visa number is not up yet and its only 2 mos left before its closed. Do you think he may not be able to get it. Do you know anybody in this similar case. Congrats to you, at least you've been fingerprinted. My aunt got DV 2000 and she adjusted in US and she had to wait for a while for her interview after the fingerprinted. Good luck to you. Now im just a little worry for my brother