free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship for illegal immigrants

I'm actually searching for information. I am a citizen and one of my friends is illegal, an immigrant from Europe. She has been here for something like 7 yrs. and I never knew until recently that she wasn't legal. I want to help her, but I'm not sure how I can and if it would be possible for her to become a legal citizen. If she has to leave, she can't come back here for 10yrs. and I'd like to find a way to help her stay. She's such a good person and I would like to help her in any way I can, but I don't know the immigration laws. Any suggestions???

I'm actually searching for information. I am a citizen and one of my friends is illegal, an immigrant from Europe. She has been here for something like 7 yrs. and I never knew until recently that she wasn't legal. I want to help her, but I'm not sure how I can and if it would be possible for her to become a legal citizen. If she has to leave, she can't come back here for 10yrs. and I'd like to find a way to help her stay. She's such a good person and I would like to help her in any way I can, but I don't know the immigration laws. Any suggestions???

marry her.

SEE THE POST BELOW FOR 245I OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION. THERE IS A NEW PROPOSITION WHICH IS HR 440 THAT YOUR FRIEND COULD BENEFIT FROM!! LOTS OF GOOD INFO. YOUR AWESOME FOR HELPING YOUR FRIEND. A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT ILLEGALS AR ONLY FROM MEXICO ISN'T THAT CRAZY!!

to the guy who said to marry her... I'm a girl and she's a girl. We're friends, not etc.... to angie- thanks. I will check it out.

As an out-of-status foreing national, who entered the U.S. inspected (I'm guessing with the 3 month Visa Waiver), she has only one option to adjust her status to avoid removabability at this time (I hear, I245 amnetsty is not in place yet): bona fida marriage to a U.S. citizen.

To be successfully adjusted, she'll have to overcome a whole bunch of other problems though (proof that she didn't work illegally, which she must have to survive 7 yrs. here etc.). It's a very complicated matter, consult an attorney.

"proof that she didn't work illegally"

Why does she have to prove this? Because of the VWP? Because there awful a lot cases out there where INS overlooks overstay and unauthorized work (out-of-status and married to USC)
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

advise2- she had a visa... that much I know for sure. Her country isn't listed on the group of people who can travel here without actual visas. I believe her original visa was a work visa, but I'm not 100% on that. Unfortunately, as easy as it sounds, she's not the type of girl to get married to any guy unless she's in love. So, no marrying for citizenship. As I think I stated above, I recently found out she's here illegally. I had just always assumed that she had a green card or something. I didn't think to ask... I'm just looking for some kind of information to help her out with and I've been looking for referrals of good lawyers who won't charge her an arm and a leg to help her.

my question is also for a friend. She is a US citizen who is dating an man that came to the US with a visit visa from Mexico. He began to work illegally, and has been doing so here for 3 years. His visit visa expired 3 years ago, so he now works here illegally, and lives here illegally. They want to legalize his status, how would they do that? Someone earlier mentioned marriage, how would that work?

jane kennedy, follow the instruction of jotso, Marry.

Bushmaster, I see you are still out, how long is your contract is for. Are you regular or Civilian.