free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage Fraud

I am hoping that someone here could answer a few questions for me. I sponsored my former husband, a Cuban nationale, on a K-1 Visa and he arrived at the POE in the Fall of 2006. We married within the 90 days and he received his conditional residency, without an interview, in the Spring of 2007. He had left the country immediately after the AOS was filed due to a family emergency and did not return until 2 months after the approval. He had obtained an emergency AP with multiple re-entry. USCIS helped him with all the paperwork he needed to leave. Currently, with all his other deceptions that surfaced and a language barrier with the physician that signed the medical report, it is suspect whether it was a true family medical emergency. When he returned, he stayed less than a month, before leaving the USA again. I suffered many horrible indignities with this man which I don't feel comfortable detailing on a public forum, but he told me and demonstrated very clearly that he never loved me. I called ICE after he left. They told me to make an INFO pass appointment and turn a report into DOS. I followed their instructions and submitted a statement to USCIS along with the massive amount of evidence I had. USCIS asked me to take home the documents I had, put them into a binder, return it and they would submit it to his file. In the meantime, I filed for a divorce and it was finalized 1 year ago.

After the divorce, I was contacted by a woman from a different country and she informed me that she had a baby with my husband during our engagement. She had sued him for paternity in his home country during our marriage and sent me copies of the warrant. She also informed me that he had been involved with a 3rd woman, at the same time as the two of us and had received a 5 year sanction for an overstay, from the 3rd woman's country. The sanction is currently still in effect. I advised the baby's mother to file a second paternity suit against him here in the USA. She had her lawyer file the papers and all this new information was submitted to USCIS and added to his file.

This past May, he notified me that he had an interview for his removal of conditions, but that it was a very long session and he was informed that he could be subject to 5 years/250,000 dollar fine. The case is still pending as the interviewer said his case needed further investigation.

He is a highly educated man, but is only working part-time and is currently attending school in another city. He even asked for a fee waiver for the removal of his conditions, although he was going to the best gym and had a private trainer! This man is a very good con artist and I am ashamed that I was taken in, but I loved and married him in good faith.

What do you think is being done on his case now and do you believe it will be much longer before a decision is reached? He is an engineer, but I worry because I signed the AOS papers and if he chooses not to be employed and seeks public benefits that I will be held responsible. I consulted with an immigration attorney, but not afford counsel, so I did my own divorce and the immigration papers on my own. My thanks to all of you for any help or advice.

R911

I am hoping that someone here could answer a few questions for me. I sponsored my former husband, a Cuban nationale, on a K-1 Visa and he arrived at the POE in the Fall of 2006. We married within the 90 days and he received his conditional residency, without an interview, in the Spring of 2007. He had left the country immediately after the AOS was filed due to a family emergency and did not return until 2 months after the approval. He had obtained an emergency AP with multiple re-entry. USCIS helped him with all the paperwork he needed to leave. Currently, with all his other deceptions that surfaced and a language barrier with the physician that signed the medical report, it is suspect whether it was a true family medical emergency. When he returned, he stayed less than a month, before leaving the USA again. I suffered many horrible indignities with this man which I don't feel comfortable detailing on a public forum, but he told me and demonstrated very clearly that he never loved me. I called ICE after he left. They told me to make an INFO pass appointment and turn a report into DOS. I followed their instructions and submitted a statement to USCIS along with the massive amount of evidence I had. USCIS asked me to take home the documents I had, put them into a binder, return it and they would submit it to his file. In the meantime, I filed for a divorce and it was finalized 1 year ago.

After the divorce, I was contacted by a woman from a different country and she informed me that she had a baby with my husband during our engagement. She had sued him for paternity in his home country during our marriage and sent me copies of the warrant. She also informed me that he had been involved with a 3rd woman, at the same time as the two of us and had received a 5 year sanction for an overstay, from the 3rd woman's country. The sanction is currently still in effect. I advised the baby's mother to file a second paternity suit against him here in the USA. She had her lawyer file the papers and all this new information was submitted to USCIS and added to his file.

This past May, he notified me that he had an interview for his removal of conditions, but that it was a very long session and he was informed that he could be subject to 5 years/250,000 dollar fine. The case is still pending as the interviewer said his case needed further investigation.

He is a highly educated man, but is only working part-time and is currently attending school in another city. He even asked for a fee waiver for the removal of his conditions, although he was going to the best gym and had a private trainer! This man is a very good con artist and I am ashamed that I was taken in, but I loved and married him in good faith.

What do you think is being done on his case now and do you believe it will be much longer before a decision is reached? He is an engineer, but I worry because I signed the AOS papers and if he chooses not to be employed and seeks public benefits that I will be held responsible. I consulted with an immigration attorney, but not afford counsel, so I did my own divorce and the immigration papers on my own. My thanks to all of you for any help or advice.

R911

Rapunzel911,

This is what I am hearing,

Start of your post

" Uh, I got really lucky, I found this handsome, higly educated engineer in Cuba. So, now I am going to marry him, bring him over to USA so he can get a good paying job and then I will be all set for endless window shopping. He's not like american men, I can manipulate and controle him easily. All I have to do is go to immigration, convince them that I love this man and that's it. What a sweet deal.

A couple of months later, things are not happening as I had hoped. What wrong with him? Why isn't he following my plan?
    Alright, I have had enought, I will call ICE and say that the marriage was a fraud. I have to get rid of him and keep hoping that I will find that man one day that will take care of me for the rest of my life. But first, this guy has got to go fast.
    Can anybody help me? "
    End of your post.

Here is where you got things wrong Rapunzel911: you underestimated a highly educated human being. You loss, move on. Is that too much to ask?

Dear Kumna,

I think that your negative observations of me are very harsh, especially when you are not in possession of all the facts.

Yes, I tried very hard to make sure that the man I married was my equal and we would be compatible, I think most of us do that.

What this man did to me and to my life was criminal and I posted here for help.

I grew up believing in hard work, goodness and justice, Kumna.

Thank you for your time and I will go back to my shopping list.

Kumna,

I want to clarify this point. I did not 'find' my handsome husband in Cuba and bring him here. Rather, I met him overseas and he initiated things with me. We had an apartment together for a year before he arrived. I never went to Cuba until after I was married, so I am not a cougar or a *** starved tourist that was on vacation.

But I am a very pretty blonde! LOL.

Geez.

R911

Dear Davdah,

Thank you for your kindness and support, it is appreciated.

I take full responsibility for bringing him here and for whatever penalties I have to face because of not knowing him well enough and having blind trust. I loved him and I was very good to him, to his children and to his family. My daughter and I took the full brunt of his anger at America and he does not deserve to be here.

I did the best I could with the paperwork for USCIS and I think it is enough. The day I returned the file to them, a few of the men gave me a hug and serenaded me with their favorite fraud song and wished me good luck. It has had been a long and hard journey. Lesson learned, but I hope for justice, because he never had bona fide intent for a future, not with me anyway.

Perhaps his luck is running out, he had a woman that interviewed him and I think she took a bite out of his leg. He was very upset when he called me that day.

Best regards,

R911

Rapunzel, don't worry, Kuma is an a.ss.

USCIS is in process of denying his application. You can provide to USCIS the information that he might have submitted a fraudulent request for fee waiver.

Looks like his goose is cooked.

Rapunezel911, here is the hard truth.

If he had stayed married to you, supported you and everything went as you planned, I am sure you would not be screaming fraud right now, would you? Under this scenario, you would have gotten everything you wanted, and he would have been another miserable married man enslaved to a so called wife. Working his behind off so that you can go shopping and showing off your depreciating asset.

You said you are blond, is that it? Get off your high horse in the dreamland and come down to earth with the rest of us humans. You would be mistaken to expect a preferential treatment from men because of the color of your hair. Of course us men enjoy beauty, but it is a depreciating asset and it becomes boring after we have had our juyce a couple of times. If you dont offer anything more than your hair in a relationship, then dont expect any man to behave more honably than Eliot Splitzer.

Your relationship did not work out, instead of taking a leave of sanity, why dont you just move on and start over? Even if the evidences of his love for you were stacked to the moon, your bitterness would not cure your blindness. Stop the squabble! why spend your valuable time trying to figure out how to hamstrung him, when you can focus your energy on finding another guilible, clueless man? There are plenty of them out there and I am sure your asset still has the power to fool alot of them.

Here you go, Davdah is already having wet dreams about you!

Welcome to my board Rapunzel !!! I am the leader here of fellow victims of marriage fraud and hope you will find my words helpful.

What goes around comes around. Sooner or later he will get what he deserves.

You will NEVER know what becomes of him nor should you worry about it or be concerned with it. You must put this behind you and move on.

Find a new purpose in life; change your life for the better; use this experience to become stronger and more positive. Nothing can defeat you !

Seek counseling or therapy as needed but don't let it consume you.

Life is too short to let con artists steal it from you.