ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: The key word in 'illegal immigrants' is 'illegal'

The key word in 'illegal immigrants' is 'illegal'
    By Timothy J. Workman

The Tucson Citizen
    http://www.immigrationreform.org/editorials.htm

(The following "Teen Editorial" was written by 15 year-old Timothy J. Workman. What does this 9th grader know that your members of Congress don't?)

The Workmans, Bennetts and Cioffis traveled months at sea to gain freedom properly.

For 400 years, my family's blood has been shed on the battlefields of the Revolution, the Civil War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam. My uncles and grandfathers before me fought savagely against foes, and together they and their brothers in arms fulfilled their duty to God and country.

That is what being a true citizen of America's ideals and values is about, and it is gained by fighting for the cause of freedom and independence, and doing so passionately, whether it is in a courtroom or on a battlefield, after being admitted lawfully and honorably to our society.

More and more I see today the infrastructure of our nation's ideals crumbling, and the meaning of our citizenship and independence waning.

Would you believe me if I told you that a great-uncle (to the sixth power) of mine took part in the Battle of Bunker Hill? Believe it because it is true. It is true that he and his wartime comrades were among the first to set the standards for all conflicts our flag would encounter. It is true that he lived at the high point of American society.

What placed him, and to this day places him above all else is bravery, a trademark of full-blooded Americans.

What my beef is for you today, ladies and gentleman, are the illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS].

What ticks me off, mainly, is that they feel they can hop the border and as long as they can make it to Tucson, they are scot-free. They mooch off of our government, we pay with our tax dollars for them to live an American life and in return - as I see in my mind as a sum of all of their care for lawfulness and freedom - an illegal Mexican flipping the American flag the bird.

Yes, you heard me, I didn't stutter once, and I mean what I say, you better believe it. Don't get on my case, because I think the Mexicans who gained freedom properly are the most deserving of it, and they deserve a round of applause.

The illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS] and President Bush deserve a reality update and a one-way trip back to Chihuahua. Bush has got some nerve, demeaning the meaning of American citizenship by proposing amnesty.

So, I guess uhhh 1/4 doesn't this make the sacrifice of prior generations meaningless? All of our uncles and grandfathers who fought and died for freedom are essentially just handing America off to a mass of unlawful immigrants [illegal ALIENS]. They wouldn't want that, and there is nothing they can do from beyond the grave, therefore, I take it upon myself.

Freedom so easily attainable that it doesn't even have to be worked for anymore makes it meaningless.

Sure, the illegals may say that they sacrificed their lives on an endless, foodless, waterless trek through the heat of the desert for freedom. But did they really? Or was it for the selfish purpose of using preferences, yelling race discrimination and generally compelling each of us to ensure, as their right, a superior life for them?

Yes, that is selfish, because they take what isn't lawfully theirs and they think that is freedom. A vast majority, I guarantee you, are greeted with American tax dollars once they have stepped all the way through the door of the American household and tread on the carpet, whose threads are the unity and structure of the legally recognized people of America. That's us, people!

America has been hoodwinked and spat upon by these people, and it is time to weed out those who ask not what they can do for America, but just what America can do for them, which cannot be done by condoning unlawful immigration.

If we can all think back to the 1980s we can really see how much the amnesty helped then. Well, it didn't help then, or now, did it? Some people have this habit of thinking that somehow the illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS] turned legal will suddenly bolster our economy and will "be forced to pay tax dollars."

You, reader, can see how ridiculous that statement is. Some use a different name, steal an identity with another person's Social Security number, and taxes are paid under that number. So, in essence, our government is being paid.

If we want to lead America into the future as a healthy political state, and as an America with upright, honest qualities, then we will start with turning away the idea of illegal immigrant [illegal ALIENS] legitimacy.

Why has our country stooped so low? Why don't we learn from the past? It is as if President Bush is trying to please everybody, which he must believe is his ticket to a second term, and he is doing so by embracing issues that are opposite of what is the best for the citizens of America.

He is the ultimate Republicrat. His job is not to please but to uphold the Constitution, mind you, and doing otherwise is inexcusable.

Breaking the law, and breaking the law and being rewarded makes a farce out of our ancestors' blood, sweat and tears.

---
    Timothy J. Workman is a freshman at Academy of Tucson.

--

"Illegal immigration, which erodes our identity, is a threat to America's
    survival. It's really not about who will be elected to govern the country in
    2004, but whether, in the future, there will be any country left to govern." -- Amnesty for illegals, an attack on sovereignty, Don Feder, July 30, 2001

The key word in 'illegal immigrants' is 'illegal'
    By Timothy J. Workman

The Tucson Citizen
    http://www.immigrationreform.org/editorials.htm

(The following "Teen Editorial" was written by 15 year-old Timothy J. Workman. What does this 9th grader know that your members of Congress don't?)

The Workmans, Bennetts and Cioffis traveled months at sea to gain freedom properly.

For 400 years, my family's blood has been shed on the battlefields of the Revolution, the Civil War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam. My uncles and grandfathers before me fought savagely against foes, and together they and their brothers in arms fulfilled their duty to God and country.

That is what being a true citizen of America's ideals and values is about, and it is gained by fighting for the cause of freedom and independence, and doing so passionately, whether it is in a courtroom or on a battlefield, after being admitted lawfully and honorably to our society.

More and more I see today the infrastructure of our nation's ideals crumbling, and the meaning of our citizenship and independence waning.

Would you believe me if I told you that a great-uncle (to the sixth power) of mine took part in the Battle of Bunker Hill? Believe it because it is true. It is true that he and his wartime comrades were among the first to set the standards for all conflicts our flag would encounter. It is true that he lived at the high point of American society.

What placed him, and to this day places him above all else is bravery, a trademark of full-blooded Americans.

What my beef is for you today, ladies and gentleman, are the illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS].

What ticks me off, mainly, is that they feel they can hop the border and as long as they can make it to Tucson, they are scot-free. They mooch off of our government, we pay with our tax dollars for them to live an American life and in return - as I see in my mind as a sum of all of their care for lawfulness and freedom - an illegal Mexican flipping the American flag the bird.

Yes, you heard me, I didn't stutter once, and I mean what I say, you better believe it. Don't get on my case, because I think the Mexicans who gained freedom properly are the most deserving of it, and they deserve a round of applause.

The illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS] and President Bush deserve a reality update and a one-way trip back to Chihuahua. Bush has got some nerve, demeaning the meaning of American citizenship by proposing amnesty.

So, I guess uhhh 1/4 doesn't this make the sacrifice of prior generations meaningless? All of our uncles and grandfathers who fought and died for freedom are essentially just handing America off to a mass of unlawful immigrants [illegal ALIENS]. They wouldn't want that, and there is nothing they can do from beyond the grave, therefore, I take it upon myself.

Freedom so easily attainable that it doesn't even have to be worked for anymore makes it meaningless.

Sure, the illegals may say that they sacrificed their lives on an endless, foodless, waterless trek through the heat of the desert for freedom. But did they really? Or was it for the selfish purpose of using preferences, yelling race discrimination and generally compelling each of us to ensure, as their right, a superior life for them?

Yes, that is selfish, because they take what isn't lawfully theirs and they think that is freedom. A vast majority, I guarantee you, are greeted with American tax dollars once they have stepped all the way through the door of the American household and tread on the carpet, whose threads are the unity and structure of the legally recognized people of America. That's us, people!

America has been hoodwinked and spat upon by these people, and it is time to weed out those who ask not what they can do for America, but just what America can do for them, which cannot be done by condoning unlawful immigration.

If we can all think back to the 1980s we can really see how much the amnesty helped then. Well, it didn't help then, or now, did it? Some people have this habit of thinking that somehow the illegal immigrants [illegal ALIENS] turned legal will suddenly bolster our economy and will "be forced to pay tax dollars."

You, reader, can see how ridiculous that statement is. Some use a different name, steal an identity with another person's Social Security number, and taxes are paid under that number. So, in essence, our government is being paid.

If we want to lead America into the future as a healthy political state, and as an America with upright, honest qualities, then we will start with turning away the idea of illegal immigrant [illegal ALIENS] legitimacy.

Why has our country stooped so low? Why don't we learn from the past? It is as if President Bush is trying to please everybody, which he must believe is his ticket to a second term, and he is doing so by embracing issues that are opposite of what is the best for the citizens of America.

He is the ultimate Republicrat. His job is not to please but to uphold the Constitution, mind you, and doing otherwise is inexcusable.

Breaking the law, and breaking the law and being rewarded makes a farce out of our ancestors' blood, sweat and tears.

---
    Timothy J. Workman is a freshman at Academy of Tucson.

--

"Illegal immigration, which erodes our identity, is a threat to America's
    survival. It's really not about who will be elected to govern the country in
    2004, but whether, in the future, there will be any country left to govern." -- Amnesty for illegals, an attack on sovereignty, Don Feder, July 30, 2001

$250 Thousand Million

Many involved in the immigration debate, both on the pro-immigration and the anti-immigration sides, all too often believe that immigrants are a net drain on the American economy. Those on the pro-immigration side then typically call for compassion for the immigrants, and those on the anti-immigration side typically call for a halt or reduction of immigrants. We believe that both approaches to immigration are wrong, and for the same reason - immigrants are solid contributors to the economy, and we could not prosper without large-scale immigration. Very often debates on this issue get quickly clouded by a veritable deluge of statistics from both sides, and many people find it hard to digest the slew of statistics that this topic inevitably generates. So, it might help to focus on just one statistic - not to settle the debate, but to get an idea of the enormity of the numbers involved. That might be sufficiently eye-opening for many of our readers.

The Social Security Administration maintains what it calls an "Earnings Suspense File" - an account where the Social Security contributions of those whose names and numbers do not match are deposited. Undoubtedly, some of these are contributions from Americans who made a mistake on their W-4s, but it is our estimate that at least 50% are from hard-working but undocumented immigrants. (See the graph on page 12 of the Audit Report from the Office of the Inspector General at the Social Security Administration at http://www.ssa.gov/oig/ADOBEPDF/A-03-00-10022.pdf - the spectacular drop in the Earnings Suspense File at exactly the time that immigrants were legalized through IRCA speaks for itself). Now back to the numbers. This account at the SSA now has about $500 Billion in it! That's right, about half a trillion dollars. Which means that, in our opinion, poor, undocumented immigrants have pumped in a quarter of a trillion dollars into Uncle Sam's pockets. It would not be a stretch to say that, but for large-scale immigration, we would have had deficits throughout the 1990s. As we said earlier in this opinion, we are not trying to settle the debate here - just to point out the enormity of the numbers. Lets see what a quarter trillion means - it means $250 thousand million. The monies deposited into the US treasury by undocumented workers are about the same as the entire net worth of a quarter of million millionaires. We hope that arguments of the economic value of immigrants will now look a little different. Immigration is not about penny ante, it is big bucks - no wonder it is also big politics.

http://ilw.com/immigrants/weekly/