50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: CSPA help

I need to know or have an idea if CSPA will help me. I'm from Mexico, my father petitioned me when I was 16 (category 2A) Now I'm 26 I age out while while waiting for my priority date to become current (JUNE 1993) My father is a LP Resident. I was moved to category 2B. I read the CSPA but I was a kind of confused. Any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks.

I need to know or have an idea if CSPA will help me. I'm from Mexico, my father petitioned me when I was 16 (category 2A) Now I'm 26 I age out while while waiting for my priority date to become current (JUNE 1993) My father is a LP Resident. I was moved to category 2B. I read the CSPA but I was a kind of confused. Any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks.

hi bnluis! ola!

with regards to your inquiry about your petition in which u were initially petitioned under f2a and subsequently moved to f2b, considering the CSPA, the LAW is silent as to your definite case but generally it does not limit itself to those cases which have not been tapped or put into detail in the act itself.

because the bottomline is, f2a to f2b is still a family based petition which concerns CSPA.

as far i intricately read the sections of the CSPA, you have met the conditions stated to avail of such act, and in my opinion the benefit that you can avail is the RETENTION OF THE ORIGINAL PRIORITY DATE when you were petitioned under
    f2a. so i think with the CSPA, your priority date should be the same as that when u are still under f2a.

i hope i was able to help u. but as far as the procedures to be done to avail of the CSPA, consult a lawyer and wait for INS to publish the regulations!

hope for the best!

antman23

under the old law, when a child turn 21 the cases have automatically converted to the f2b preference for adult children of permanent residents. under the cspa law, it provide a remedy. Inspite of the fact that you are now on f2b, still your priority date will be that when you were in 2a. 2b preference are more backlog than f2b.