free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: B2 Extension 2nd time?

Hi,
    Has anyone ever applied for a B2 Visa extension twice?
    My first time, I was granted a full extension of 6 months, after staying a full year, I departed (not overstaying my welcome) & then returned back to the USA two months later from my home country (UK).
    Has anyone ever applied for a second extension to their B2 visa after such a short period out of the country & if so, what happened.
    I am not working, have a partner etc, just enjoying life.
    Thank you

Hi,
    Has anyone ever applied for a B2 Visa extension twice?
    My first time, I was granted a full extension of 6 months, after staying a full year, I departed (not overstaying my welcome) & then returned back to the USA two months later from my home country (UK).
    Has anyone ever applied for a second extension to their B2 visa after such a short period out of the country & if so, what happened.
    I am not working, have a partner etc, just enjoying life.
    Thank you

To "Wondering":

I would be very careful about the situation you are suggesting. Normally the B1/B2 allows you to stay up to a maximum of 6 months for any one year.....You have already stayed for a full year through filing an extension....The B1B2 is a non immigrant visa, and therefore you should have no intention of wanting to stay or immigrate to the US.....If you are not careful the INS will pick up on you're stay at a POE and could deny you entry to the country on the grounds that you intend to immigrate or the service center will do the same when you apply and issue you with a denial and notice to leave........which would then be on you're record and could cause issues again when you try to re enter the US...Why are you staying for such long periods? Maybe there is another visa that would be more suited to you're needs, one that would not put you in jepordy of being refused entry....

You mentioned that you have a partner here in the United States. If your partner is of opposite sex then you can get married and apply for permanent residency. Extension can be dangerous in your situation.
    Good luck.

Hi,
    Thank you for your answers. Marriage is not in the question for me, as I meant to write no partner, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Basically, I have been in & out of this country since 1989, working at sea (C1/D), therefore all my friends, vehicle, bank accounts etc are in the USA. This is where I consider to be home for me, yet I cannot stay on a permenant basis.
    I am able to spend so much time here right now, as I have just retured from the company I worked for.
    If you have any more suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Hi,

I applied for B2 visa extension for my mother-in-law and she got approved for next 6 months in end of 2015.

My mother-in-law again traveled this year and we would like to extend her stay for another 3 months now, she has valid i-94 as of 19-Sept-2017. below are my questions:

1) what reason I should give this time? last time i mentioned that she want to visit west coast as well. can I give medical reason?

2) If I apply extension before 19th Sept, What happened if her extension get rejected while she is here?
    2.1) anything beyond 19th Sept will be consider illegal / overstay?
    2.2) will there be any consequences on future visit?
    2.3) she will need to re-apply for Visa or her B2 visa will be still valid?

3) If I apply extension before 19th Sept, What happened if her extension get rejected after she left from USA?
    3.1) anything beyond 19th Sept will be consider illegal / overstay?
    3.2) will there be any consequences on future visit?
    3.3) she will need to re-apply for Visa or her B2 visa will be still valid?
    3.4) Do I need to inform USCIS as soon as she leave and ask them to close the case?

4) Is it safe to apply extension this year as well or it can be applied only once in a lifetime of B2 visa?

Any help on above questions will be highly appreciated?

Quote Originally Posted by miteshsoni View Post
    2) If I apply extension before 19th Sept, What happened if her extension get rejected while she is here?
    Her visa would be automatically void, and she would begin accruing unlawful presence

2.1) anything beyond 19th Sept will be consider illegal / overstay?
    Those are not legally precise terms. "Unlawful presence" only begins accruing after the denial.

2.2) will there be any consequences on future visit?
    impossible to say

2.3) she will need to re-apply for Visa or her B2 visa will be still valid?
    Her visa will be void, so yes, she will need to apply for a new visa to come to the US again. Furthermore, she can only apply for US visas in her country of nationality for the rest of her life.

3) If I apply extension before 19th Sept, What happened if her extension get rejected after she left from USA?
    nothing

3.1) anything beyond 19th Sept will be consider illegal / overstay?
    again, those are not legally precise terms

3.2) will there be any consequences on future visit?
    impossible to say

3.3) she will need to re-apply for Visa or her B2 visa will be still valid?
    No. Her visa is not affected

3.4) Do I need to inform USCIS as soon as she leave and ask them to close the case?
    no

4) Is it safe to apply extension this year as well or it can be applied only once in a lifetime of B2 visa?
    it can be applied as many time as you want to try, even multiple times during the same visit if you want to try

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

if a b2 visa holder spends too much time in the US and returns 8 minutes after their last 10 month 'visit', they should not be surprised if they are denied admission and have their visa cancelled...and good luck getting another one...B2 visas are not to be used for : babysitting relative's children nor camping out for 11.5 months a year as a 'tourist.' If she goes for a renewal after having spent beaucoup time in the US, she should not be surprised if her new application gets denied....most of us have not "visited' a foreign country for 10 months a year....