Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I751 Waiver Interview Experience

Hello All,

First off I want to tell everyone that I'm a new poster but I've been reading your awesome work trying to help people out. To make my story short even isn't a short journey with USCIS. I got married to my ex US citizen wife back in 2000, we had applied for my conditional GC which I was granted in 2001 for 2 years. We both applied in 2003 to remove conditions but we never heard anything from USCIS. We made several check requests through phone, internet, fax..always been told it's pending I have to wait! Anyway, things didn't go well between us as any other couple, we seperated in 2003 after consulting w/ marriage counselor for 5 months. I got divorced in 2005 but never heard anything from USCIS. I always go get stamps in my passport for 1 year. I talked to a lawyer who advised me to re apply a waiver since I'm not married anymore. So we filed a waiver in July 2007 & was scheduled for an interview last September. The interview went very well, answered questions with all honesty, had my supporting documents (joint bank account, car registration card with our names, 1 lease with our names, photos, marriage counselor letter, police report for an incident because she abused me once & I had to call cops, few envelops with address on them, my pay checks with address on them, Diamond Ring for wedding)..the interviewer said we'll send you our decision by mail within 3 months. I received another interview notice for last week. So I was scheduled for 2 interviews!! I went to my 2nd interview and the IO was very nice he didn't know I filed for a waiver because he asked about my wife, I told him she's not with me because we're divorced and I filed for a waiver she's not supposed to be with me. He asked for a receipt saying that I filed for a waiver, I showed him the receipt they sent me extending my card for 1 year but he said it doesn't say waiver on it. He left the room and asked me to wait, he came back with a stack of paper and continued the interview by asking me to show him evidence that my marriage was bonafide, so I showed him all supporting documents again, photos, lease... he had some questions about some documents like my joint bank statement not showing date until 2005 when we divorced, he asked about my lease showing me as occupant not co signer (my ex wife was already living there before we met, so she added me to lease but not co signer), my joint taxes except 2003 tax return was filed as single & told him it was my tax guy who made a mistake he put single. Anyway he took my index fingerprint twice on a white hard paper, he made me sign twice front & back then he kept on asking me questions about my marriage date, separation date, he tried to trick me few times by twisting dates but I answered honestly with all confidence. At the end he went through a paper list from my file while he was checking each question like my previous addresses, If i ever committed a felony, if I'm on deportation process, my date of birth, my ex wife date of birth... then he said thanks for coming we're done! I asked him if I'm going to hear from them he said I will. So I'm a little nervous and very stressed because this 2nd interview lasted for 1 hour. I've been dealing with USCIS since 2000!! I hope this time will be okay because I got married with good faith & my marriage was real but fell apart as any other marriage! I know some people here will doubt that but like I said I was reading this forum for quiet a while & I'm used to that. Any feedback or thoughts would be very much appreciative!! I just want to share my experience with you guys so it might help other folks on this board.

Thank you and sorry for the long ad.

God Bless you all.

Hello All,

First off I want to tell everyone that I'm a new poster but I've been reading your awesome work trying to help people out. To make my story short even isn't a short journey with USCIS. I got married to my ex US citizen wife back in 2000, we had applied for my conditional GC which I was granted in 2001 for 2 years. We both applied in 2003 to remove conditions but we never heard anything from USCIS. We made several check requests through phone, internet, fax..always been told it's pending I have to wait! Anyway, things didn't go well between us as any other couple, we seperated in 2003 after consulting w/ marriage counselor for 5 months. I got divorced in 2005 but never heard anything from USCIS. I always go get stamps in my passport for 1 year. I talked to a lawyer who advised me to re apply a waiver since I'm not married anymore. So we filed a waiver in July 2007 & was scheduled for an interview last September. The interview went very well, answered questions with all honesty, had my supporting documents (joint bank account, car registration card with our names, 1 lease with our names, photos, marriage counselor letter, police report for an incident because she abused me once & I had to call cops, few envelops with address on them, my pay checks with address on them, Diamond Ring for wedding)..the interviewer said we'll send you our decision by mail within 3 months. I received another interview notice for last week. So I was scheduled for 2 interviews!! I went to my 2nd interview and the IO was very nice he didn't know I filed for a waiver because he asked about my wife, I told him she's not with me because we're divorced and I filed for a waiver she's not supposed to be with me. He asked for a receipt saying that I filed for a waiver, I showed him the receipt they sent me extending my card for 1 year but he said it doesn't say waiver on it. He left the room and asked me to wait, he came back with a stack of paper and continued the interview by asking me to show him evidence that my marriage was bonafide, so I showed him all supporting documents again, photos, lease... he had some questions about some documents like my joint bank statement not showing date until 2005 when we divorced, he asked about my lease showing me as occupant not co signer (my ex wife was already living there before we met, so she added me to lease but not co signer), my joint taxes except 2003 tax return was filed as single & told him it was my tax guy who made a mistake he put single. Anyway he took my index fingerprint twice on a white hard paper, he made me sign twice front & back then he kept on asking me questions about my marriage date, separation date, he tried to trick me few times by twisting dates but I answered honestly with all confidence. At the end he went through a paper list from my file while he was checking each question like my previous addresses, If i ever committed a felony, if I'm on deportation process, my date of birth, my ex wife date of birth... then he said thanks for coming we're done! I asked him if I'm going to hear from them he said I will. So I'm a little nervous and very stressed because this 2nd interview lasted for 1 hour. I've been dealing with USCIS since 2000!! I hope this time will be okay because I got married with good faith & my marriage was real but fell apart as any other marriage! I know some people here will doubt that but like I said I was reading this forum for quiet a while & I'm used to that. Any feedback or thoughts would be very much appreciative!! I just want to share my experience with you guys so it might help other folks on this board.

Thank you and sorry for the long ad.

God Bless you all.

welcome MDGuy410,

You've been patient. Ever thought about applying for a citizenship?

By the way, were those 2 interviews at the same place? Hopefuly, IOs will join the cases now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDGuy410:
    We both applied in 2003 to remove conditions... . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDGuy410:
    I received another interview notice for last week.....I went to my 2nd interview and the IO was very nice he didn't know I filed for a waiver because he asked about my wife </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Did you ask him why it took 5 years to schedule that interview?

Hello Aneri,

Thank you for your kind words. Actually, yeah I was very patient since they've been telling me to wait!! my case is very special because It's taking me 9 years now since I first applied in 2000. To answer your question, yes my 2 interviews happened in the same local office luckily it's only 20 min from my house.

I didn't apply for Citizenship because I didn't know that I was able to apply while my I751 is pending. I wanted to get done with it then apply for Citizenship. I didn't ask the officer why it took this long. I just hope they will approve me because my lawyer said if they made me sign twice and took my index finger print twice font & back, then it's to order your green card but I'm not sure if that what will happen! I lost faith in USCIS & I don't mind going back to my country because it made me very stressed.

Regards,

You've been run through the mill on this! I had also gotten married to a USC in 2000 and ended up divorcing in 2003. I filed I-751 with wavier and had the interview in early 2005 (which got approved). 5 years is a long time to wait for an interview, especially as the full FBI namecheck is not required for the I-751 process. Sounds like they lost your original application.

You'll be ok and get approval. They don't usually take your fingerprint and get you to sign the paper unless they are pretty sure you meet the requirements for approval. It took exactly 1 week to get my approval letter in 2005.

If I were you, go and apply for Citizenship afterwards. You'll never have to deal with them again.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    You've been run through the mill on this! I had also gotten married to a USC in 2000 and ended up divorcing in 2003. I filed I-751 with wavier and had the interview in early 2005 (which got approved). 5 years is a long time to wait for an interview, especially as the full FBI namecheck is not required for the I-751 process. Sounds like they lost your original application.

You'll be ok and get approval. They don't usually take your fingerprint and get you to sign the paper unless they are pretty sure you meet the requirements for approval. It took exactly 1 week to get my approval letter in 2005.

If I were you, go and apply for Citizenship afterwards. You'll never have to deal with them again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another fraudster beats the system !!!

Dear Brit4064,

Thank you for your input & yes you're right it's been a very long journey but at least I was patient more than enough. I didn't know about I751 waiver until I talked to my lawyer. He suggested to file for a waiver. Anyway, I don't mind waiting all this time if I get approved at the end. I'm not in a rush to apply for citizenship, so I will wait until I see what will happen.

Dear Son Of Michael,

I know how you feel towards aliens since I was reading your replies before, but I gotta tell you that I'm not a fraudster & my marriage was real in good faith. So, all I have to say is thank you to you too for contributing to my post. And remember that any couple get divorced not only aliens. As a matter of fact, the US has the highest divorce rate in the world.

Thank you.

Well said MDGuy410, SoM is an
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Dear Son Of Michael,
    I know how you feel towards aliens since I was reading your replies before, but I gotta tell you that I'm not a fraudster & my marriage was real in good faith. So, all I have to say is thank you to you too for contributing to my post. And remember that any couple get divorced not only aliens. As a matter of fact, the US has the highest divorce rate in the world.
    Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am 100% Pro-immigrant and 100% ANTI-Fraudster !!! You are a retard/liar to make the claim/lie that the US has the highest divorce rate in the world; this PROVES BEYOND ANY DOUBT THAT YOU ARE A LIAR !!!

If you subtract all the Divorces because of Fraudsters; the USA rate is practically Zero !

Country Divorce Rate Per 1000

1. Maldives 10.97
    2. Belarus 4.65
    3. USA 4.19
    4. Panama 3.82
    5. Russia 3.66
    6. Estonia 3.65
    7. Puerto Rico 3.61 (A country??)
    8. Ukraine 3.59
    9. Costa Rica 3.58
    10. Cuba 3.54

Divorce Rates By Country