free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: n-400 denied for what reason?

I applied for my naturalization on March 16, 09 I took my interview June 19, 09 and I passed my **** and civic. Now the only thing I had missing was my extreme dui paper work from Dec 27, 07 so my interview officer told me to go get that from the court and mail it in, so I did just that I went to my court gave them the paper stating all I needed then mailed it in. Yest. I received a denial letter saying I can do a 605$ hearing. It says at the time of my interview I failed to satisfy good moral character requirement of the act.

In the conclusion of the paperwork it states:

On June 19, 09 you appeared fort an examination of your application for naturalization. A review of service records revealed that you were arrested on or about Dec 27, 07 by the surprise police dep., for extreme DUI, underage consumption, and speed greater then posted. On March 4, 2008 you were convicted of Extreme DUI. At your interview the service requested that you submit complete police reports regarding your arrest, certified plea agreement and certified court disposition. As of this date the service has not received the complete police report for the arrest on Dec 27, 07 by Surprise police Dep. However, the Service did receive the requested certified court documentation on July10, 09. According to certified court documents on March 4, 08 you were sentenced to 30 days in jail with 18 days suspended upon completion of probation and 12 days serve; alcohol screening program, payment in fines, 1 year unsupervised probation. Therefore, you were on probation during the five years immediately preceding the filing of the Form N-400 application.

Moreover, you were also given the opportunity to present evidence of good moral character. However you did not submit evidence of good moral character as of this date.

Consequently, as a result of you aforementioned arrest, the seriousness in nature of arrest, probation during the statutory period, failure to provide a complete police report for the arrest and failure to provide evidence of good moral character that would outweigh the negative factors on record it has been determined that you have failed to meet your burden of demonstrating that you are a person of good moral character.

1. Im so confused as far as the police report goes because it was on the paper I gave to the court stating the paperwork I had to have and there were copies of it when I mailed it out (not the originals I have but the court certified copies)
    2. Is it denied because I should have waited my 5 years probation time before applying?
    3. I explained my DUI situation to the officer at the time of interview, that it is done and completed, did I also have to write a paper explain it along with my paperwork?
    4. Is it too late now to just mail in my original copies from arrest (what if I ever need them in the future) along with a paper explaining why it was a mistake?
    5. Should I scrape up the money and get that hearing or just wait 5 years and re-apply?

All help appreciated I called the USCIS help line 3x but they just keep reading me rules out of some book and cannot look up my file to get a better idea of what is going on

I applied for my naturalization on March 16, 09 I took my interview June 19, 09 and I passed my **** and civic. Now the only thing I had missing was my extreme dui paper work from Dec 27, 07 so my interview officer told me to go get that from the court and mail it in, so I did just that I went to my court gave them the paper stating all I needed then mailed it in. Yest. I received a denial letter saying I can do a 605$ hearing. It says at the time of my interview I failed to satisfy good moral character requirement of the act.

On June 19, 09 you appeared fort an examination of your application for naturalization. A review of service records revealed that you were arrested on or about Dec 27, 07 by the surprise police dep., for extreme DUI, underage consumption, and speed greater then posted. On March 4, 2008 you were convicted of Extreme DUI. At your interview the service requested that you submit complete police reports regarding your arrest, certified plea agreement and certified court disposition. As of this date the service has not received the complete police report for the arrest on Dec 27, 07 by Surprise police Dep. However, the Service did receive the requested certified court documentation on July10, 09. According to certified court documents on March 4, 08 you were sentenced to 30 days in jail with 18 days suspended upon completion of probation and 12 days serve; alcohol screening program, payment in fines, 1 year unsupervised probation. Therefore, you were on probation during the five years immediately preceding the filing of the Form N-400 application.

Moreover, you were also given the opportunity to present evidence of good moral character. However you did not submit evidence of good moral character as of this date.

Consequently, as a result of you aforementioned arrest, the seriousness in nature of arrest, probation during the statutory period, failure to provide a complete police report for the arrest and failure to provide evidence of good moral character that would outweigh the negative factors on record it has been determined that you have failed to meet your burden of demonstrating that you are a person of good moral character.

1. Im so confused as far as the police report goes because it was on the paper I gave to the court stating the paperwork I had to have and there were copies of it when I mailed it out (not the originals I have but the court certified copies)
    2. Is it denied because I should have waited my 5 years probation time before applying?
    3. I explained my DUI situation to the officer at the time of interview, that it is done and completed, did I also have to write a paper explain it along with my paperwork?
    4. Is it too late now to just mail in my original copies from arrest (what if I ever need them in the future) along with a paper explaining why it was a mistake?
    5. Should I scrape up the money and get that hearing or just wait 5 years and re-apply?

All help appreciated I called the USCIS help line 3x but they just keep reading me rules out of some book and cannot look up my file to get a better idea of what is going on

Wait a couple of years, e.g. five years with no probation, and apply again. No big deal.

Do not appeal. Wait and reapply.

Something similar happened to me, just wait and reapply... They r going to want originals..

no big deal.R u nuts?DUI should b felony.I m telling you.More people die in Car Crash every day due to DUI.Social problems due to Alcohol.Alcohol is a curse on society.Alcohol should be ban to save lives and health of million of people.Save lives save health.Throw all the alcoholics in an institution.I request every body to ban Alcohol.
    And Deport any immigrant still on green card or any visa convicted of DUI.Period.
    griffins

so wait it off okay thanks. its been almost 2 years so about 3 more...just ****s because it was such a dumb mistake and now it is messing up so much but lesson learned.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And Deport any immigrant still on green card or any visa convicted of DUI.Period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can recommend above but what to do with Born or Naturalized US Citizens if they drink and kill people under DUI?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And Deport any immigrant still on green card or any visa convicted of DUI.Period </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One would hope and think!!!
    NOT all places within USA!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nataliia:

All help appreciated I called the USCIS help line 3x but they just keep reading me rules out of some book and cannot look up my file to get a better idea of what is going on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait the five years. DUI not taken lightly here. Evidence of remorse and rehabilitation are your best bets.