50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MY FILIPINA FIANCEE IS MARRIED BUT HAS BEEN SEPARATED FOR 4 YEARS, HAVING PROBLEMS GE

MY FILIPINA FIANCEE IS MARRIED BUT HAS BEEN SEPARATED FOR 4 YEARS, HAVING PROBLEMS GE

My fiancee is in the Philippines and is married, but has been separated for 4-5 years now. She is not sure but believes her husband is in another country; she has tried to contact his parents to tell her where he is but they don't help out. What can we do to ensure we will not encounter any problems so that we can marry. I've heard that she has to show proof that she is annuled, but if she is having problems, what other course of action do we have or can take?

Your assistance is greatly apprecited!

Mark

My fiancee is in the Philippines and is married, but has been separated for 4-5 years now. She is not sure but believes her husband is in another country; she has tried to contact his parents to tell her where he is but they don't help out. What can we do to ensure we will not encounter any problems so that we can marry. I've heard that she has to show proof that she is annuled, but if she is having problems, what other course of action do we have or can take?

Your assistance is greatly apprecited!

Mark

Well I understand how hard this for you. Does the husband still want to be his husband? If not, it won't be that hard I think. Why don't she go to divorce court and file that they not seeing each other anymore and they lost contact and there is no way she can find him. In my country, if there is few ways women can ask for divorce from the husband, such as when the women tried to locate and failed, the husband abandoned her without any money, food and support and never return home within specific times. But different country different law, I don't know the Phil's divorce law. May be she can check out and do something. What she need is just the divorce paper from the court. Good luck guys and if you love each other, all obstacles become easy.

Well, that's tough one. FYI, there's no Divorce in the Philippines since it's dominantly a catholic country. Second, getting an annulment is not easy either because you have to prove that the marriage was fraud from very beginning.

PINAY - In response to your posting to my message. If she can't get a hold of her husband can she still petition for a divorce on the grounds that he does not support her?

Mark

Pinay:
    First of all, Divorce is not allowed in the philippines not because of the Roman Catholic dominancy. It is rather the law. Furthermore, a fraud does not have to exist in the marriage for a couple to get an annulment. In Mark's Fiancee's case, she is entitled an annulment(4-5 separation) however since the husband is not present, it would rather be difficult to file and let alone, the process takes very long time.

Mark:
    Yes indeed that you have to show proof that she is legally viable to marry someone. In her case, she's not. I would suggest for your to consult a lawyer in the philippines that specializes in annulment cases. Unfortunately, until she is annuled, you have no way of petitioning her. All of those records that she is married witll show up on her NSO and NBI files. Good luck...Just food for thought..."IF THERE IS NO RAIN,THERE IS NO SUNSHINE".

Mark,

As has been posted, there is no divorce in the PI and an annulment is the only option that she has. However, in this case where the husband cannot be found, from what I know, it has to be 7 years of no communication from her spouse before she can petition for anything.

Good Luck!

Hi, I am a Filipina married in the Philippines in 1993, we have been separated since 1996 and I came here in US last 2000 as a tourist, my visa expired and last year October 2002, I met my husband now, who is a US citize, I filed divorce and it was granted, although in the Philippines, it is not valid and need annullment but would take so many years. Last February of 2003, we got married, filed my papers last March of 2003 and got my work authorization last April of 2003, and receives a letter from Immigration that it will take another 8 to 12 months for interview. So there, right now we are both happy living together and planning to have a baby , hopefully this year, and start a family. Goodluck!!!

Let her come to U.S. divorce her huband in LAS vEGAS and marry you, then live happilly everafter.

Mark, Pinoy 2 is right, let her come to the US through B1/B2, coz you cant let her come with the Fiancee visa, then come here to Vegas, let me know when you are coming, and I can help you, I live in Vegas, and it takes only 3 to 5 days to get divorce and get married and sponsor her.