50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 Timeline and Consulate Process

Great this whole thing is proceeding as you guys said. The NVC was very fast in sending and processing the AoS fee. I submitted a new AOS I-864 (I already submitted one with I-130) and also choice of agent form.

So next we get IV fee and DS-230, right?

Does anyone know the timeline and procedure at the Consulate, this will be in Guangzhou China.
    What kind of material does my wife need to take with her? What kind of interview is involved?

She said she may have to have an innouculation - any idea what that is? I'm guessing MMR.

Any experience / advice will be appreciated.
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Great this whole thing is proceeding as you guys said. The NVC was very fast in sending and processing the AoS fee. I submitted a new AOS I-864 (I already submitted one with I-130) and also choice of agent form.

So next we get IV fee and DS-230, right?

Does anyone know the timeline and procedure at the Consulate, this will be in Guangzhou China.
    What kind of material does my wife need to take with her? What kind of interview is involved?

She said she may have to have an innouculation - any idea what that is? I'm guessing MMR.

Any experience / advice will be appreciated.
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Consulates and Embassys work on their own time line and it is not predictable. There are a number of innoculations that she might need. Those are spelled out in the application material.

Yep, next up should be IV and DS-230.

The Consulate timeline really depends on the Consulate. Some countries have a much higher caseload than others so take longer. I'd recommend checking over at Visa Journey. People can fill in their timelines and experiences with each Consulate so you would likely be able to find a bit of info on China.

I can't really speak to the interview as my husband and I had been married 9 years, so were asked next to nothing. She should take all the evidence you've provided so far as well as extras - photos, email printouts, phone bills and affidavits from friends and family etc etc. This is on top of what she'll need to take - if she has old expired passports, she should take those as well and you will need to send her your most recent payslip. Again, the Visa Journey site may be more helpful to you there as people can post their personal experience.

Vaccinations - well. It's more than just MMR. It's basically all the vaccinations that you're supposed to get from the time you're a baby as well as some extras - i.e. now days they also vaccinate against chickenpox and a few others. There's a list here (some are reliant on age and gender, so she probably wouldn't be up for all of them). If she has had any of these shots before she will need to provide definitive proof otherwise she will need to have them again. In some cases, if she knows she has had the shot (or the illness), the test for immunity is cheaper than the vaccine. For others, the vaccine is cheaper than the test. If the test comes back negative (i.e. no immunity), she will need to have the shot but can go to her local doctor for that rather than back to the Consulate-approved doctor.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

More questions

When we submit DS230, what other documents need to go to NVC at that time? The website http://travel.state.gov/visa/i.../info/info_3190.html has quite a list, including civil documents.

My wife says the letter will request some, but birth certificate, police certification is not required until later. These things are hard for her to get since she needs to go back to her hometown..

So - what DO we need?

Also - kinda stupid question I know but exaclty what kind of visa will we get? E2? What kind of rights does this carry? Multiple entry? Work in US? Study in US?

Thanks
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WolfRhan:
    Also - kinda stupid question I know but exaclty what kind of visa will we get? E2? What kind of rights does this carry? Multiple entry? Work in US? Study in US? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What kind of visa depends on what you asked for..

If you petition for your spouse with I-130 it can either be IR-1 (married 2 years +) or CR-1 (married less than 2 years). At the entry, she'll become permanent resident and receive Green card in the mail shortly after. She can work, travel, study...

Hi Wolf. Thanks for pointing me this way.

We didn't send any documents with the DS-230 Part 1 (the part sent to the NVC). We took them with us to the Consulate with DS-230 Part 2 (which can't be signed until then), however some Consulates work differently so you should probably call the NVC directly, or email the Consulate.

You're doing straight I-130, right? Not K-3? If so, then she'll get exactly what Aneri said - CR-1 if married less than 2 years at the time of approval, or IR-1. That visa will be valid for travel within 6 months of issue, so if your wife is going to need longer, she should ask the Consulate to delay issuing until closer to the time. It's not technically permanent residence. That comes once she lands on US soil.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch